Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Makeup advice

Started by Asniceasme, September 02, 2014, 06:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asniceasme

I have seen listed quite a few good tips on various makeup products to use...am definitely interested in trying some of them. However, I have a unique problem that may make applying makeup a lot more difficult than most...I am colour blind...and know that I do sometimes have problems trying to distinguish between shades of colours. Does anyone have any tips for a colour blind person when applying makeup, or even trying to buy it?
When we look into a mirror, we see who we really are. But when we look into our minds, we see whoever we think we are.
  •  

NoelleTh88

I would suggest maybe asking a professional makeup artist (like the ones at the mall) and ask them which shades best fit your overall tone.
  •  

androgynouspainter26

Hmmm...well, in my humble opinion, it's better to go for subtle until you know what you're doing and that means neutral tones.  You might want a hand picking them out just to make sure you have the right thing, but after you actually have the palette it should be relatively simple-you just apply by value.  Color really isn't something I could properly play around with until years after I started to wear makeup.   
My gender problem isn't half as bad as society's.  Although mine is still pretty bad.
  •  

spooky

I agree that having a professional help you choose colors--particularly for foundation, where even people who see color perfectly well often choose the wrong undertone--and they can steer you in the direction of a good nude palette as well.  Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette immediately comes to mind as an example of something that offers you a range of shades that don't deviate very far from beige (this way you never have to worry about looking crazy--they're all just skin tones, plus a black).
:icon_chick:
  •