Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

My drawing/painting thingss

Started by Damara, September 18, 2014, 05:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damara

Hi all! i just wanted to share some of my art! It's all that I can do competently.. lol! Actually some shoulder issues have been hindering me a lot, so I've not been creating as much art as I wish/need to!

"Cassandra" with inspiration from Gustav Klimt

"Sisters of the Sun" for a show called "Hidden Kingdoms" vultures are one of my favourite creatures!

"Do not seek me"

and another self portrait "Futility of Words" representing the suppression of lgbt folks..

Thanks for looking everyone!! <3 Hope you all enjoy!
  •  

Lostkitten

That is so awesome :D! For how long do you draw already o.O?
:D Want to see me ramble, talk about experiences or explaining about gender dysphoria? :D
http://thedifferentperspectives3000.blogspot.nl/
  •  

Ty

These are great. I love your style. The color mixed with the black and white is great.
  •  

Damara

Quote from: Kirey on September 23, 2014, 09:45:15 AM
That is so awesome :D! For how long do you draw already o.O?

Thank you! I've been drawing all my life, but started professionally 2 years ago! :) 
  •  

Damara

Quote from: Ty on September 27, 2014, 05:27:26 PM
These are great. I love your style. The color mixed with the black and white is great.

Thank you! :) Yeah, that's an aesthetic I'm very fond of! 
  •  

Dalex

Wow.. Just, wow. That's all I can say.

Beautiful work, absolutely breath taking. I hope to see more :)
  •  

Lyric

Nice work, Bird. I especially like the textury hair of the "Futility" drawing.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

alexbb

freshhhh! mad pencil skills!
the one after klimpt blows me away

Damara

•  

Hikari

Wow! You are super talented! I especially love the one you called "Sisters of the Sun".
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Aanderson

Hope this isn't considered necroposting, but ohhhh my god I love these! Gustav Klimt is really fantastic, and I'm happy to see someone inspired by him.
I gotta say though, my favorite is the last one. The facial expression is absolutely gorgeous and the hair is so intricate; it goes really well with the sparse coloration you have going on. These are very wonderful; what's your process?
  •  

Jade_404

"Sisters of the Sun" is my fav! I would hang a print of that in my living room  :D

-Jade
:-*
I've been afraid of changing, cuz I built my life around you.
but time makes you bolder, children get older , I'm getting older too.
  •  

islandgirl

Beautiful work! Very expressive! I love the detail.
  •  

Alaia

These are fantastic Damara! I love them all, you are very talented ^^

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

infinity

these are incredible. :o awesome work.
  •  

Damara

Quote from: Jade_404 on January 24, 2015, 08:51:25 PM
"Sisters of the Sun" is my fav! I would hang a print of that in my living room  :D

-Jade
:-*

Quote from: Hikari on January 08, 2015, 01:51:50 AM
Wow! You are super talented! I especially love the one you called "Sisters of the Sun".

Thank you both! This piece is very personal to me.. vultures are birds that I've always felt strangely drawn to. They're my totem.

Quote from: Aanderson on January 24, 2015, 08:25:47 PM
Hope this isn't considered necroposting, but ohhhh my god I love these! Gustav Klimt is really fantastic, and I'm happy to see someone inspired by him.
I gotta say though, my favorite is the last one. The facial expression is absolutely gorgeous and the hair is so intricate; it goes really well with the sparse coloration you have going on. These are very wonderful; what's your process?

Thanks much! I looove Klimt! and the last one, that was a self portrait I did a few years ago! That hair kills my wrist, so I don't do it all the time but it's my favourite way to illustrate hair.
  •  

Damara

Quote from: islandgirl on January 24, 2015, 08:51:55 PM
Beautiful work! Very expressive! I love the detail.
Quote from: infinity on February 06, 2015, 07:34:57 PM
these are incredible. :o awesome work.
Quote from: Alaia on February 03, 2015, 02:46:53 PM
These are fantastic Damara! I love them all, you are very talented ^^

Thank you!!!! <3
  •  

BioS

Gee whiz... This is marvelous work. The details are astounding. :o
  •  

Damara

Quote from: BioS on February 27, 2015, 09:31:06 AM
Gee whiz... This is marvelous work. The details are astounding. :o

Thank you, so much! <3
  •  

Rem

These are amazing. They are not only very refined but make you feel something...
  •