Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

problems finding clothes

Started by (S)he, September 18, 2014, 04:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(S)he

Am having problems finding clothes that  are non binary
Am Obese  and most of the time i wear tracksuit bottoms and nothing else
my back is more curved than normal meaning i have a very big bottom  and am only 4"11
i have one pair of trousers  that fit me  and was cut in half for my hight
the place where i got them closed down and i cant find anywhere that does these trousers  i would try online but if they dont fit we have to pay for postage and packaging  am in the uk scotland to be exact
anyone knows where i can get clothes i would be greatful
Thank you
  •  

Lyric

Perhaps you might try the types of pants sold with the intention of being short. On you they would be about full length. I see them sometimes that come to somewhere below the knee. I'm sure you're familiar enough with the children's department, but if you want men's styles, that may be your best bet. I think if I were you I would take sewing lessons and invest in a machine, then start altering my own. That's one of the things I miss about my dearly departed mum-- she could sew and I could always get anything altered at home.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

Alice Rogers

Most towns have a place where you can get clothes adjusted, buy stuff that fits your waist/shape and get em fixed to match your height.
"I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time." Jack London
  •  

Taka

learn to sew, it's great to be able to make your own clothes and costumes or adapt things that don't fit perfectly. sewing is a quite manly skill, it's not just something that mothers do. with some sense of shape and a tiny bit of perfectionism, it would be almost impossible to do it wrong.

any clothes that fit your waist are good. the waist is a terrible hassle to adapt, legs are easy. so easy you only need to know how to thread a needle or use a sewing machine. long sewing courses aren't needed.
  •