Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Am I the only one who thinks the 'knowledge economy' is a scam?

Started by Aeyra, August 07, 2007, 12:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisagurl

Maybe we should reject materialism. Growing our own food and getting our entertainment from friends rather than TV or the INTERNET would be much more humanistic. Helping people for free rather than donating money, producing art and poetry to help people live. Money is not the only reason for life. Love and friendship is much more valuable.
  •  

candifla

lisagurl, you're a much better person than me.

I love my computer. I love the air conditioned lifestyle I live. I hate the outdoors, and hence, planting and growing.

I'm a diehard democrat, but when G.W. went into Iraq and killed all those innocent people, the evil-homer in me said, hell yeah, get that oil! We need it.

We western economies are living the high life off the rest of the world. But I still love my big-screen monitor. Where else are we gonna get the cheap labor?

We're all going to hell.. i just happily admit it.

•  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Candi Nahasapeemapetilon on September 02, 2007, 08:40:53 PM
lisagurl, you're a much better person than me.

I love my computer. I love the air conditioned lifestyle I live. I hate the outdoors, and hence, planting and growing.

I'm a diehard democrat, but when G.W. went into Iraq and killed all those innocent people, the evil-homer in me said, hell yeah, get that oil! We need it.

We western economies are living the high life off the rest of the world. But I still love my big-screen monitor. Where else are we gonna get the cheap labor?

We're all going to hell.. i just happily admit it.
Hell is where the evil-homer is at.    >:D
  •  

lisagurl

QuoteWhere else are we gonna get the cheap labor?

They are people too. With every right and responsibility as you or I. If you pay less for an object expect less maybe not in quality but in the world you live in.  The 6.6 billion people that inhabit our earth are trying to live on resources that can only support 2 billion and be renewable. What would be the fate of the 4.6 billion if we want the human race to survive?
  •