Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Metal \m/

Started by Matthew, September 29, 2014, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElDudette

ah Ale Storm! by far my favourite version of "You Are A Pirate!" is by them.

If you like Ale Storm, you'll appreciate

The Dread Crew of Oddwood. .....this is assuming you're not already a fan, since you exhibit similar tastes as mine.

And from Sweden, SABATON!  (which I want to make a cover band called "Armoured Boot" :D )

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you." --The Stranger, The Big Lebowski

"Does the caterpillars dream of one day taking to the sky on gossamer wings?
  •  

Jill F

Pirates are so totally metal! LOL

Anyone here like Blood Ceremony?  Not pirate metal, but folk/pagan metal from Canada.  Kinda like Jethro Tull meets Black Sabbath.
  •  

Edge

There's a folk/pagan metal band from my country? Checking it out now! (After The Dread Crew of Oddwood. I like the name.)
Omg. They're killing muppets. The melody reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas.
  •  

ElDudette

Quote from: Jill F on October 21, 2014, 07:03:51 PM

Anyone here like Blood Ceremony?  Not pirate metal, but folk/pagan metal from Canada.  Kinda like Jethro Tull meets Black Sabbath.

You're the first to tell me about them, and after listening for the 30min+ of their material, I do indeed like 'em.   I definitely see the BS + JT analogy being very applicable.

You might like Black Mountain, more on the rock end but still a strong old school 60's 70's rock & metal vibe

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you." --The Stranger, The Big Lebowski

•  

Ally_B

Quote from: Jill F on October 21, 2014, 07:03:51 PM

Thought I recognised the name, so looked it up. Pretty sure I have heard them, but I think I was pretty intoxicated when my friend showed me so I don't remember what they sounded like or if I even liked them.... Thanks for reminding me of them. lol
Don't stop to ask;
Now you've found a break to make it last.
You've got to find a way,
Say what you want to say;
Breakout
  •  

Electra

I mainly listen to the classics. Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Dio, Judas Priest, Slayer, Mercyful Fate, Blind Guardian, Danzig.

my username comes from a Dio song!

•  

Indoctrinated

Well.... I've been much softer with my music taste since on HRT but I guess posting some metal stuff won't hurt...

Vintersorg (Sweden; Genre: Viking/Folk; Themes: Science, Astronomy, Philosophy) - Cosmic Genesis www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2ttjf5Y6k

Estatic Fear (Austria; Genre: Symphonic/Doom; Themes: Romanticism) - Chapter IV www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPR4gLwXpZ4

Solefald (Norway; Genre: Avant-garde; Themes: Social Criticism, Norse Mythology) - Nutrisco et Extinguo www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9aSymmizxM

Arkona (Russia; Genre: Folk; Themes: Slavic Mythology, Nature) - It Hurts Me www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xR4oksQZH4

"Freedom, I must say,
Exists within unconditioned minds"

Dead Can Dance - Indoctrination (A Design for Living)
  •  

Clhoe G

My favorites from day 1 would be slipknot, disturbed and mudvayne I've heard heaps of other metal bands that I like but I never remember their name.

Could anyone recommend something that's similar.
Thank-you scorpions...

For looking like Goth lobsters.  :laugh:

Quote.
-Jimmy fallon-

Wow, I could have sworn I've been on HRT for longer.
O well this ticker will help me keep track.

•  

Edge

•  

PinkCloud

Darkspace - Dark Space III I

•  

Edge

Oh yeah. We have some Metalocalypse fans here. Brendon Small's Galaktikon is great.

•  

PrinzessinChop

Metal acapella :D

Just discovered these two bands :

A cover
  •  

ElDudette

A friend recently turned me onto Fallujah.

and if I didn't mention them before

Tanzwut

•  

Miss_Bungle1991

•  

PinkCloud

Mare Cognitum - Phobos Monolith

•  

Indoctrinated

Negură Bunget (Romania; Genre: Black Metal/Folk; Themes: Romanian Mythology) - Ţesarul De Lumini
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr_KWOzDXqU
"Freedom, I must say,
Exists within unconditioned minds"

Dead Can Dance - Indoctrination (A Design for Living)
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Old School Floridian Death Metal up in here!

Mantas "Death By Metal" demo
Death "Infernal Death" demo
Death "Mutilation" demo
  •  

Ally_B

Quote from: Laura Squirrel on December 14, 2014, 04:15:08 PM
This was a pretty good article.

http://www.terrorizer.com/news/features-2/heavy-metal-is-gay-need-tackle-homophobia/

A half decent article in Terrorizer! I though those days had long passed! lol

Yeah, there's some pretty gross attitudes floating around the metal scene. Kinda made me feel that I had to remain closeted in every manner.... Funny thing is that it seemed to come more from the audience, more than the other bands, well, except for an exceedingly meatheaded minority.... I got called some pretty choice names thanks to my manner + dress sense. lol
Don't stop to ask;
Now you've found a break to make it last.
You've got to find a way,
Say what you want to say;
Breakout
  •  

.Charlotte

Heres some of the metal I listen to regularly:

Intervals
ForTiori
In Flames (older in flames)
Black Dahlia Murder
Between the Buried and Me
I wrestled a bear once
Necrophagist
Rings of saturn

If you like any of those let me know. I listen to mostly harder stuff. I got hundreds of suggestions for all types of music.

What would we do without music?
  •