Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Metal \m/

Started by Matthew, September 29, 2014, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

I feel like I've been listening to the same bands for too long, don't get me wrong I love them but it's time for something new.
What are GREAT metal bands in your opinion, or simply ones you can't get enough of. Maybe an album that all round kicks ass, or even just a song that's come from out of nowhere.
I love rock / hard rock through to death metal. I got a couple songs that are a lil bit less well known in my experience (with other lovers of le greatest music genre),I  hope you like 'em :) if you've got any bands / albums / songs please share!! Never know, might find a new favourite thing!  ;D

Zebrahead - Falling Apart (I love this song!)

Avalanche - Plaster Saint (Not a fan of the band, but this is a great video and a good song IMO)

Seether - Truth (Well known song and band, but we all need to appreciate how great the video is ;) )

Will keep y'all posted if I find anything else, please share if you've got anything awesome  ;D  :D  :laugh:
-Matt
  •  

✰Fairy~Wishes✰

I'm not a big big big fan of heavy metal or metal or stuff, it can be kind of macho for me.

But I really like Blood Stain Child.

They have a female vocalist, and I believe that one of their guitarists is a crossdresser.
I think they identify as male, at least.

Um.. I think he goes by G.S.R. He's so adorable!
Look up in the sky, it makes you feel so high!
  •  

Abby Claire

Eh, I've been listening to the same stuff forever. lol I never find new music, especially in metal since I don't listen to it like I did when I was younger.

However, I will share a couple of lists. This first one I would say are absolute "Must Listen" heavy metal albums:

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 1
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
Death - Symbolic
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
WASP - WASP
Mastodon - Leviathan
Judas Priest - British Steel
Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse

Some people would probably throw in some Slayer, Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth, and Sepultura. For me, however, I never found an album that I personally loved from those 5, so I can't personally recommend them myself.

Some personal stuff I enjoy that is probably more dependent on personal taste:

Baroness - Yellow and Green
Sigh - Hail Horror Hail
Gwar - Lust in Space
The Crown - Hell is Here
Anata - Under a Stone With No Inscription
Kyelsa - Static Tensions
Burnt By the Sun - The Perfect is the Enemy of the Good
Enslaved - Below the Lights
Impaled - Mondo Medicale
In Flames - Colony
Cradle of Filth - Midian
Macabre - Dahmer
The Berzerker - Dissimulate
  •  

Jill F

I've been in a few metal bands over the years.  I like music in most genres, but when I'm in a metal mood, look out!

I like a lot of classic metal, especially NWOBHM and thrash.  I'm also really into people who can really shred on guitar or bass.

I have found some newer bands that I like, such as:

Huntress
Blood Ceremony
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Starkill
Hung
Alestorm
Kvelertak

\m/ (-|-) \m/
  •  

Jess42

Texas Hippie Coalition
Halestorm
In this Moment
Nashville Pussy

Just do a youtube search and there is no telling what you may find. A lot of good bands that aren't really that famous but are really good.
  •  

ElDudette

Korpiklaani
Turmion Kätilöt
Arkona
Sirenia
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Herr Mannelig
In Extremo
Tanzwut
Rammstein
Lordi
Judas Priest
Blue Oyster Cult
Sabaton
Alestorm
The Dread Crew of Oddwood

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you." --The Stranger, The Big Lebowski

"Does the caterpillars dream of one day taking to the sky on gossamer wings?
  •  

Matthew

Damn, I love all these songs! Thanks for sharing and please carry on, 'tis great  ;D
I discovered and even rediscovered some old and new favorites, loving them.

Texas Hippie Coalition - P*ssed off and mad about it (new favourite)

Powerman 5000 - When worlds collide (old favourite, don't like the band much, but this was a great theme from Smackdown VS Raw)

Cradle of Filth - Her ghost in the fog (old favourite, great song and great band \m/ )

Rammstein - Sonne (new favourite, knew the band but didn't listen much. Love 'em!)
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I will just list some bands and records.

Exit 13 "Ethos Musick"
Autopsy "Macabre Eternal"
My Dying Bride "The Light At The End Of The World"
Gorefest "False"
  •  

ElDudette

Texas Hippie Coalition is good stuff, I had to stop listening to them in the car, they tend to give me a bad case of lead foot  >:-)

continuing with my personal love of European metal bands

Eluveitie

Crimfall ...though the lead singer left a while back so I stopped following them since I mostly liked them because I have a crush on her XD

Motus

Katra (I have no shame in admitting that I'm a sucker for metal bands w/ female vocalists :) :) )
"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you." --The Stranger, The Big Lebowski

•  

Jess42

So people other than myself like Texas Hippie Coalition? Turn it up is another good one. Little Nikki from Detroit is my freakin' heroin. Everyone does know they are from Texas, right? And ya'll thought all we knew here in the south was freakin' country music. ::) Everyone does know that the initials for Texas Hippie Coalition is THC, right? I hope that doesn't break any TOS rules but even they say it. 8)
  •  

ElDudette

•  

Jill F

Quote from: ElDudette on October 14, 2014, 04:57:47 PM
relevant comic about Nathan Explosion

:D :D

Being trans is so brutally metal!!!  Hey, I already came with long hair and pierced ears.

Love Metalocalypse BTW- best cartoon EVER.   I've seen Dethklok a few times, and even went as guests of Mike Keneally once. 
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I checked out Metalocalypse a long time ago. While it had some amusing bits here and there, I got bored with it very quickly.
  •  

Ally_B

Quote from: ElDudette on October 04, 2014, 06:41:45 PMCrimfall ...though the lead singer left a while back so I stopped following them since I mostly liked them because I have a crush on her XD

Heh, me too! I actually got into Crimfall (I normally tend to dislike that kind of folk metal) because I liked the band she was in prior to that...

Tacere - Deep Tears of Tragedy

Just gonna throw in a few songs by artists who haven't been mentioned yet....

Aeternus - There's No Wine Like the Blood's Crimson

Ulver - I Troldskog Faren Vild

The Kovenant - In the Name of the Future (don't mind the perplexing video that some random YouTuber made for it.... lol)

Dark Tranquillity - Lethe

Gallhammer - World to be Ashes
Don't stop to ask;
Now you've found a break to make it last.
You've got to find a way,
Say what you want to say;
Breakout
  •  

Gothic Dandy

Lately I've been listening to Powerwolf. I also like Leaves' Eyes and Sonata Arctica.

Just a little faerie punk floating through this strange world of humans.
  •  

ElDudette

FINNTROLL! :)

just remembered these guys

•  

Edge

I was going to post a lot of the metal I like, but ElDudette beat me to it and now I want to be her friend.  :icon_bunch:

Here's some more metal:

•  

Miss_Bungle1991

•  

ElDudette

Quote from: Edge on October 18, 2014, 10:42:55 AM
I was going to post a lot of the metal I like, but ElDudette beat me to it and now I want to be her friend.  :icon_bunch:

"Cut flowers and put them in a vase to die slowly in plain sight of the other flower.. That's metal as $&#%!"  --Nathan Explosion (maybe)

:D :D :D

Other than the more indieside of rock+metal out of the PacNW, most any metal I listen to anymore is out of Europe :)   Most American based metal these days is on the bland side.

•  

Edge

True Scottish Pirate Metal! Heh.

Sorry for posting band that have already been posted. I just really like them.

•