Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A must watch video for anyone with XY chromosomes wanting to do makeup

Started by antonia, October 01, 2014, 09:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonia

•  

lightvi

Wow, there are some seriously awesome videos there. So gorgeous! Thanks for showing me this. :D
  •  

antonia

I'm happy you found it useful, it just highlights some of the things are different and need to be handled differently :)

Quote from: lightvi on October 02, 2014, 08:33:06 PM
Wow, there are some seriously awesome videos there. So gorgeous! Thanks for showing me this. :D
  •  

lightvi

Quote from: antonia on October 02, 2014, 09:53:28 PM
I'm happy you found it useful, it just highlights some of the things are different and need to be handled differently :)

I'd never even heard of Joseph Harwood before now but I'm totally addicted. He has some seriously awesome makeup skills. Gonna have to try some of the tutorials.
  •  

Eyie

I didn't know what exactly I was looking for when I first came to the makeup section lol but this certainly covered it and more. Thank you so much sharing!

•  

antonia

Happy you found it useful, I've slowly been getting better at my makeup but for my daily I usually just colour correct, foundation, concealer, powder, eye-liner and mascara and then run out the door.

Quote from: Eyie on October 26, 2014, 12:04:59 AM
I didn't know what exactly I was looking for when I first came to the makeup section lol but this certainly covered it and more. Thank you so much sharing!
  •  

♥︎ SarahD ♥︎

Wow hun, that is a really great video!  Their videos are really cool and informative - subscribed :)

As we're sharing videos, here's a makeup tutorial from Jennifer Parkin, for those looking for the Rock Princess kinda look that she goes for (can't wait to be in a position to try this out myself lol :P ).  FYI this is just a general makup tutorial, not aimed at trans* folk, but still useful none-the-less :) :

:D ♥︎*Hugs*♥︎
*Hugs*
"You never find the path to your true self, but rather - you find your true self along the path"
  •  

Sandy74

Wow! I never knew so much went into makeup for us girls, that is alot of work and I guess I will have to watch it again when I am closer to that point, she is gorgeous though. Thanks for the video
  •  

Eyie

Quote from: antonia on October 26, 2014, 11:23:44 AM
Happy you found it useful, I've slowly been getting better at my makeup but for my daily I usually just colour correct, foundation, concealer, powder, eye-liner and mascara and then run out the door.

Yea I can't wait to be able to afford some and start to finally play around but I don't have the best financial situation right now. I'd also like to at least invest in at least somewhat good products though and I know you don't know me but you seem great at your makeup from pictures you've shared with us. I don't want to sound like a creep but your one of the people I've always taken notice of on this site lol and you always look amazing!

•  

antonia

What blows my mind is that Joe is actually genderqueer and not on any hormones and only had one laser session, nobody deserves to look that good without the pain, well except Joe :)

Quote from: Sandy74 on October 26, 2014, 01:19:47 PM
Wow! I never knew so much went into makeup for us girls, that is alot of work and I guess I will have to watch it again when I am closer to that point, she is gorgeous though. Thanks for the video
  •  

antonia

Just start with the drugstore brands, Rimmel for you eyeshadow and maskara, covergirl for the rest. You can probably get by with about $150 in total for everything if you play it well. Then go on Ebay and get a brush kit, the fake MAC kits tend to be pretty decent and you really can't go wrong for $10. For the foundation I like firm sponges and if you have a dark shade get some powdered foundation as well, apply full coverage liquid first then use powdered instead of powder in those areas, don't forget to colour correct before the foundation though.

Thanks for the compliment, I just feel a bit ego inflated and don't worry about the rest, that's for guys.

If you want to see what a real makeup professional can do here is a pic of me from a ball about a month ago:

Quote from: Eyie on October 26, 2014, 03:10:56 PM
Yea I can't wait to be able to afford some and start to finally play around but I don't have the best financial situation right now. I'd also like to at least invest in at least somewhat good products though and I know you don't know me but you seem great at your makeup from pictures you've shared with us. I don't want to sound like a creep but your one of the people I've always taken notice of on this site lol and you always look amazing!
  •  

Eyie

Amazing!!!! That was literally one of your pictures that I was referencing lol. Sadly right now I'm on unemployment which is roughly only alittle over 200 a week but I'm content with my research for now and my birthday is at the end of November. ;)

•  

antonia

You'll have a huge headstart by watching and learning the techniques, the rest is just practise, steady hands and a healthy doze of perfectionism :)

Quote from: Eyie on October 26, 2014, 07:14:08 PM
Amazing!!!! That was literally one of your pictures that I was referencing lol. Sadly right now I'm on unemployment which is roughly only alittle over 200 a week but I'm content with my research for now and my birthday is at the end of November. ;)
  •  

YinYanga

I think it's all a bit much for me, atleast at the moment. I had a makeup consult in July and while the photo's of it fairly ok you can clearly see it was way over the top...and that was done by someone who had knowledge of it (or so it seems)

Ive only done some sparse experiments with makeup but I get the feeling 'Less is More' applies to me so much.

Bookmarked some Lisa Eldridge basic tutorial video's because its becoming a struggle

By the way, he/she/they mention having male skin makes make-up usage different from girls. So what about those on HRT? My skin has changed since I started past April
  •  

antonia

I'd usually say less is more but many of us end up doing a lot of work to look like we have very little makeup on but to hide things we don't like.

HRT changes your skin, your skin will become softer and thinner, the pores shrink and possibly dryer/oilier. I think the only thing affected is that you might need to think about moisturizers and possibly which shampoo you use.

Personally what I focus on for my daily look is making my nose look smaller and thinner by highlighting and using bronzer, I round my face using bronzer on my temples and under my chin and I try to bring out my cheekbones by bronzing from under my ears inwards towards my lower cheeks.

If I'm going out for a night on the town I'll do a more dramatic look, try to elongate my eyes and make them look bigger and my lips puffier.

Quote from: YinYanga on October 27, 2014, 10:14:56 AM
I think it's all a bit much for me, atleast at the moment. I had a makeup consult in July and while the photo's of it fairly ok you can clearly see it was way over the top...and that was done by someone who had knowledge of it (or so it seems)

Ive only done some sparse experiments with makeup but I get the feeling 'Less is More' applies to me so much.

Bookmarked some Lisa Eldridge basic tutorial video's because its becoming a struggle

By the way, he/she/they mention having male skin makes make-up usage different from girls. So what about those on HRT? My skin has changed since I started past April
  •  

Mary Anne

Created an absolutely amazing, lovely flawless foundation.  For me
the eyes are a little too much, but the skin palette is just gorgeous. :angel:
  •