Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Cutting Off Post-Pubescent "Natural" Changes?

Started by 326, October 01, 2014, 10:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorry, I had no clue what to call this, but that seemed kinda accurate and uhhhh yeah I dunno 「(・へ・)

But so like, I'm around 20, pretty sure I'm done with puberty, hence the topic location currently non-op--I highly doubt I'll be affording the full deal any time soon(though I did just scroll through that before-and-after thread, and not a single one of you looks anything short of amazing! Definitely considering saving up for that now, but not yet), but I've thought about at least getting an orchiectomy to cut testosterone output. But is it something that, like, needs to happen immediately, or does masculinization take place pretty much wholly during puberty, in which case I'd have some more time to work out money stuff?

In hopefully less-rambly terms, does testosterone keep messing with your bones and muscles and what have you even after puberty?
  •  

LordKAT

Quote from: 326 on October 01, 2014, 10:13:52 PM

In hopefully less-rambly terms, does testosterone keep messing with your bones and muscles and what have you even after puberty?

Short answer, yes.

Orchie is definitely a permanent thing so think it through first. You will have to get hormones the rest of your life if you follow through.
  •  

Carrie Liz

Definitely going to say yes.

Look at what Leonardo DiCaprio looked like when he was 22 and filming Titanic. SO feminine and youthful and "pretty," very androgynous, smooth skin, bright eyes, soft all over. Look at what he looks like now, in his late-30s. Pretty much just another completely-male-looking guy. More male hairline, thicker facial skin, a much more male-looking facial muscle structure, just blockier and heftier in general. Testosterone doesn't affect you as strongly as it does at puberty once you're done with it, but it keeps doing subtle things to your face, skin, muscles, and hair through pretty much your entire life, making you look more and more male.

I would NOT recommend orchiectomy until you're absolutely positively 100% sure that you're transitioning, but starting young and therefore preserving your youthful more androgynous features is definitely recommended if you're serious about transitioning. Still, though, there's barely any difference between starting at 20 and starting at 21 or 22, so it's not like you need to rush it.
  •  

Ah, thanks! DiCaprio is quite the example!

I'm worried in the least about the permanency, the main thing is just the money, I've been more or less saving for a while.. It is a little unfortunate to hear confirmation that it'll result in forever of hormones, but at least by getting rid of those, dosage should be lower and therefore less costly, right?
  •