Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Motoring fun

Started by Ali girl, October 08, 2014, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali girl

Sweet list of toys!   I love my cars and bikes.  Seems that will never change. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bravest thing I ever did was live when all I wanted to do was die.

If someone shows you their true colors, don't try to repaint them.

"I'm not the person I was yesterday and I'm not the person I'm going to  be tomorrow. I'm just figuring it out as I go along, just like everyone else in this world." -Laura Jane Grace
  •  

Ali girl

Quote from: TG CLare on December 10, 2015, 02:23:55 PM
Love the MGAs, in fact almost any MG. I have a 1976 MG Midget myself. Lots of fun to drive but not so much fun to get out of with a skirt unless you have something to cover up with.  :laugh:

Love,
Clare

I also love the MG's.  I'm working on a 60 MGA now.  ;)

"I'm not the person I was yesterday and I'm not the person I'm going to  be tomorrow. I'm just figuring it out as I go along, just like everyone else in this world." -Laura Jane Grace
  •  

Lady Smith

A friend of mine owned an MGA when I was in my 20s.  A truly lovely motorcar  :D
  •  

Miril

I was once told that part of transitioning would be giving up my "guy" interests and focusing only on my feminine ones.   I never really understood that - why cant I love my shoes and still love performance cars and motorcycles???   How nice to see that so many girls do!   I live in New Hampshire now so after a long string of Corvettes I am back to my roots - hot hatches.   There's nothing like the feeling of the right car for the right moment and right now I am in love with my Focus ST.  I am also still putting around on my Triumph Daytona T595 but thinking maybe a British classic, like an old Norton is more my thing now - I'll trade a few ponies for a little bit of class.   

My first car -1968 MGB....I would love to have that car again!

Hugs - Miril
Miril

"One is not born, but rather becomes a woman"  Simone de Beauvoir,
  •  

Ali girl

I had the same situation...  How I should give up cars.   Screw that! Lol

My DD is an 02 focus zx3 hatch...   Heavily modified and sitting on an SVT suspension.  Love it, but it doesn't hold a candle to my Thunderbird SC 5 speed... 

Hoping the MGA will be done this spring... Then I'll be working on the 66 mustang 4 speed and the 71 Mach 1. 
We have a very large list of cars in restoration.

•  

Miril

You do love your muscle.  The SC was the only stand out in a crop of humdrum so-called performance sedans.  You dont see many on the road these days so you have a real keeper!   You really have some great projects underway.  For my part, since moving and changing jobs I really havent had much time or interest in starting a car project but I still love hearing about them.   For where I am now, a motorcycle would be a more manageable project.    Please keep us posted on how things are going!

Hugs,
Miril
Miril

•  

Ali girl

I will sure try!   ;).

A pic of my pride and joy. 

•  

Miril

Miril

•  

PastyPrincess

My passion in cars lies in the cars that are lightweight and nimble, ones that can take corners quickly and are more focused on fun and driver ability than straight line speed and torque.
Possibly the reason why I'm more into imports such as cars like Subaru and Mitsubishi, Toyotas, and cars that are less focused on the old "No replacement for displacement" saying.

Not to mention, there's a special tone in properly done 4-pot engines that exist in no other engine layout. Take for example, the old AE86 Trueno engine, there's something in that note that just doesn't make me feel the same way with other engine notes

Seventeen and strung out on confusion,
Seventeen and coming clean for the first time,
no mom and dad will never understand,
what's happening to me.
  •