Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Struggling (trigger warning)

Started by adrian, October 11, 2014, 07:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian

Yeah, well, that. I've become increasingly miserable over the last three days. I had a really ok stretch for a few weeks, no sui thoughts, no urges to self harm. Now it's like I hit rock bottom again.

I feel I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have realized that no matter what, there's no way I can't transition, but I'm convinced that transitioning means destroying my husband's and my life. Before my inner eye, I see us selling the house, the furniture that we picked out, all those things that we built our life with, and it hits home that I will probably, possibly lose him. I feel so sad. Like nothing is going to be OK, ever.
He says he wants me to be happy, but he can't promise (of course not) that there will be a future for us together.

Sorry, just feeling rotten :'(
  •  

Julia-Madrid

Oh Adrian, this is hard.

But it's not insurmountable by any means, and from what you imply, your husband is trying to support you through this, even if he's not sure where it might lead.  These are all massively positive things, and as long as you keep talking and trying to understand each other's view, there is hope, lots of it.

It's very challenging to have this dilemma, but it's absolutely definitely not a lose-lose situation.  Firstly, you have to be kind to yourself, and if your soul is calling out to transition, listen to it.  I know exactly what you mean about the house and furniture, but there is a time when you need to start a new journey, and those things are just ballast.  Try to put those emotions into a box for a later time. 

I have three ex-boyfriends from when I was trying to fit into the gay world, and they all remain dear friends.  Last night M came round and brought flowers.  What I'm trying to say is that if things are handled sensitively, important relationships are preserved.

Stay calm and keep being Adrian.

A hug, and another.
Julia
  •  

Mark3

Julia is so right Adrian.
Try and see both sides of the things that are concerning you, not just the negative. There could very well be a positive outcome, on many ways you have not imagined.
Super big hugggs.
"The soul is beyond male and female as it is beyond life and death."
  •  

adrian

Thank you for finding the right words - they help a lot.
  •  

Bombadil

Julia gave you some great advice. The only thing I would add is to try to take things one step at a time. It's really easy to look forward and imagine what will happen but all you can change and try to predict is now and your next step. Hang in there man

•  

Frankie

Adrian, my friend, please hold on...I know how you feel
  •  

Ms Grace

Hugs Adrian. It's a very difficult situation to be in. As the saying goes "Damned if you do, damned if you don't..." you imagine the possible wreckage of both your lives if you transition, but how much better will that life together be if you don't transition? An almost impossible choice to make. Hugs.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

adrian

•  

Frankie

•