Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Voice Surgery in the US?

Started by akegia, October 29, 2014, 04:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akegia

Hello Gals,

I looked around but didn't have much luck, is their anything like Yeson only in the US? I have no issues going overseas for Surgeries but do to other issues I couldn't get out Korea any time soon, or I would go to Yeson as they seem to be the gold standard in this.

Thanks!
  •  

anjaq

•  

Eva

It really sucks that the OP has been deleted from that thread, I can remember reading it a way back and it helped me to decide ::) >:(

Oh well only 9 days left for me and I will be in NY going under the knife!!!

Lets hope he dont screw it up!!! It will permanently change my life for better or worse thats for sure, cant believe Im gonna do it :o
  •  

anjaq

Oh, I just saw - why are the posts deleted? Was she not happy with it? There is a new policy on now that should prevent mass deletions of old posts unless they are containing sensible information. This is an example why this is useful :(

•  

ImagineKate

Quote from: Eva on November 03, 2014, 09:29:14 AM
It really sucks that the OP has been deleted from that thread, I can remember reading it a way back and it helped me to decide ::) >:(

Oh well only 9 days left for me and I will be in NY going under the knife!!!

Lets hope he dont screw it up!!! It will permanently change my life for better or worse thats for sure, cant believe Im gonna do it :o

Keep us posted. This is one of my options and would be easier than going to Korea.
  •  

Eva

Well assuming I survive and the result isnt horrible or even perhaps if it is I will start a new thread... I DONT want to jinx anything and I will just wait until its done ;)
  •  

ImagineKate

I asked habens about diabetes and he said that it would complicate things but if it is controlled risk is minimal. So I'm keeping that on my list and watching what I eat and my exercise.
  •  

stacyjintheway

YES! The best voice surgeon in the WORLD is in Portland Oregon. His name is Dr. Thomas and his website is www.voicedoctor.net . I went to him and got excellent results as did several of my friends. I highly recommend him.
  •  

anjaq

Dr Thomas is well known. Sadly the voice examples on his homepage are quite unconvincing - why is that? Are there some people who did voice recordings and post them somehwere to see how this went?
I heard the following - it can go very well - also because he can somehow modify resonance and not only pitch. But there is a higher risk of complications since it is a large reconstructive surgery with more scarring.
So stacy, maybe you can provide the people asking this question with some more info and possible with links to voice samples?
Thanks

•  

Eva

Well Im very happy to hear from Dr Haben that we will be going all endoscopic, no scars or incisions ;D

We will be doing the web glottoplasty and he says he will be doing laser thinning of my vocal cords... He said he would do just the web for a discount, Im going for both...

I liked the doc so far, surgery is tomorrow morning ;D

I will do a much more detailed post afterwards while Im recovering, gotta get it done first :-X

•  

ImagineKate

Keep us posted, Eva! He is on my short list as well as Dr Kim and Ye Son, provided I do need any surgery (after training/therapy)
  •  

Beth Andrea

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Dora

Here's another doctor (Toby G. Mayer, M.D., F.A.C.S.) who does voice modification Beverly Hills,CA.

http://www.bevhills.com/beverly-hills-voice-modification/

•