Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Geocaching

Started by Tracey, November 07, 2014, 10:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

I use unlimited technology and GPS navigation to find Tupperware in the woods. Who's in?
  •  

Devlyn

Yeehaw, it's like someone knew I was going to visit this cache!

•  

LuCyFuRs

That is exciting what did you leave behind for the next person!
Keep pushing forward through it all! :)
  •  

Devlyn

Four aluminum emergency whistles on keychains. I bought a ton of them on eBay and leave them in every cache they'll fit in.
  •  

LuCyFuRs

Thats awesome your leaving something that someone could actually use! Very clever! :)
Keep pushing forward through it all! :)
  •  

Devlyn

Had two DNFs (Did Not Find) today, then located the third one of the day, there was nothing in it but the logbook though. The Geohound and I called it a day.
  •  

Devlyn

I stepped up my game today and took this Travel Bug out of a cache, my first time. I've seen a Bug before but didn't take it because I wasn't sure what to do. This one started in Canada in 2010, came to the Boston area, back to Canada, back to the US and finally got to me. It has about 8,000 miles on it. I'm sending it to Australia for release over there. The owner should be pleased, and surprised.

•  

Devlyn

The snowpack is gone and we are back to it! I picked up two caches, one was a DNF (Did Not Find) from last year, and I have written permission to place a cache in Great Esker park. I love this game!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Devlyn

We (me and my dog) went for a long four and a half mile walk in the woods today, found a letterbox hybrid cache, and had steak and cheese subs to celebrate! He's dead asleep and snoring like a chain saw.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Devlyn

It's been a few years since the last post. Unfortunately, the Geohound has gone to The Great Caching Ground In The Sky, but I still get out there. Yesterday I attended my first ever Event cache, it's sort of like a flash mob for geocachers. An English couple posted this one, and they gave me a bag of Trackables. One of them was a commemorative town coin that had been traveling around the world for three years and I had the pleasure of dropping it off in its town of origin, Dunbarton, NH.  :)
  •  

Tess100

I have always had an interest but no follow through. I use my gps to off trail hike and explore the back country. 
  •