Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Introduction posts

Started by Susan, November 08, 2014, 08:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Please consider posting an introduction here or in the introduction forum so others know that they are not alone, and that their situation isn't unique.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Ms Grace

Hi, I'm Grace - I'm actually an old fogey (48), but I think I used to be young once! Anyway, hi there, as a site mod I'll be poking around here along with the other mods to make sure things stay safe for all involved. Any issues or problems you can PM me or any mods and admins with your concerns. You should also report a troll or troubling post rather than dealing with it yourself. Hope the youth forum is super helpful for you all! :)
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

LordKAT

I'll join the 'Meet your mod' group.

I'm a big furry KAT and echo Grace's sentiments, minus the age. Play nice and let us deal with problems.
  •  

mrs izzy

Another meet the mods.

Hello I am Isabell. Another one of the older generation of transitioned.

Will be around to help with any questions that might come up.

I am glad to see this topic section for our youth.

Enjoy and remember to reach out anytime you feel the need.

Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

Devlyn

Hi, I'm another oldster, 52. If you need something on the site, I can most likely find it for you.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Susan on November 08, 2014, 08:23:20 AM
Please consider posting an introduction here or in the introduction forum so others know that they are not alone, and that their situation isn't unique.

I'm Suzi. I've been a member here for about two and a half years. I was born as a male, and never questioned my gender until age 50. I figured that if I didn't "feel like a female" I couldn't be transgender, but I've since learned that we all experience our gender differently. In 2013 I transitioned to live as a female and find it much more natural, despite the fact that I still don't feel female.

I'm a high school teacher, so I understand a lot about how schools work and what they can do to make life easier for trans students. If there is anything I can do to help, please contact me.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Late to the Mod party as usual!  ::) I am 49 and have been living full time for 11 months now. Susan's is a very safe place, but if you find a problem report it as soon as possible. Relax, dig in and see what all we have to offer!  :)
  •  

Matthew

Hi, I'm Matt and if I can say my age here I'm 15 :) was questioning from around the age of 8 when I cut my hair and told the kids at school I had a sex change and was a boy, as you can probably guess that got me in heaps of trouble so I didn't mention it to anyone again until around July this year. Around that time I started coming to the site, I pretty much live in chat and love a good poke around the forums ;) I'd be happy to chat with anyone who wants or needs it, either in forums or chat, will be good to see how this area turns out :)

~Matthew
  •  

stephaniec

Hi! I'm Stephanie  , started to come to Susan's a couple of weeks after starting HRT. I came looking for help and info, been here a year and having a great time. I'm one of the ancient ones at 63.
  •  

Jill F

Hi, I'm Jill, another character that lives around here.  I'm 45 and have only been out for two years, but was first aware of my gender issues when I was 4.  I have been full time since last March, and am now legally recognized as female.

Be safe,
Jill
  •  

GorJess

Hi, I'm Jessica, age 22, former teen transitioner of sorts, so if you're reading this, it's okay to be you; to be who you are, and of equal importance, you're not alone, because it's too easy to fall into that trap. While I'm not a teen now, I was you once, and dealt with similar issues, at your age, and our stories are probably similar with societal acceptance, given our age similarities.

I work with, present with, and am good friends with many people who are transitioning around your age themselves, like Jazz, among many others. There's groups on Facebook for this purpose, if you need further assistance. You can also find me in a couple years in a documentary I'm filming at present; for further information, hit me up with a PM. Anything I do for you, please, let me know.
You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. -Woodrow Wilson

With Dr. Marci Bowers in San Mateo
  •  

Taka

welcome, any young person who is reading this!

i'm taka, someone not very special.
i was once a trans kid and after that a trans teenager. without any support anywhere.
now i'm an adult who's planning to become a teacher, and also learn more about the needs of today's youth,
so i can give the help they need rather than impose my own view on anyone or teach in an unwholesome way.
  •  

evadenzin

hi, i'm eva, age 18. the country in which i am living is totally sh!t, so i'm willing to leave it and move to any other country where non-binaries have a better status.
  •  

Devlyn

Hi Eva, welcome to Susan's Place! Sorry that where you live isn't a tolerant country.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Taka

hi eva, and welcome!

i also live in a country where nb's (medical) status isn't really all that good.
but for other reasons, i'm not willing to move to a better place, so i'll just have to do what i can to change my country.
as if that's possible for one lone nb...
  •  

ftmalex

Hey everyone!

I'm Alex, I'm 16 and I'm a transguy from Germany. I came out to my parents a few months ago and we're taking teeny tiny baby steps ever since. Two nights ago I had the so far 2nd talk with my mom about this topic since, and it was the most emotional, honest and I think also brutal/raw one yet. Though she's still not open to allowing me to get a binder/me coming out to my friends, I think it made her realize how bad I really feel. She also reassured me that her and my dad aren't forgetting about this topic, but need there time to come around.

While that didn't help me with my dysphoria/transition/whatsoever, my mum is now putting extra effort into showing me that I have a loving home. That's at least something. And now I'm done with rambling :D
  •  

King Malachite

Hey everyone!  I'm Malachite.  I am 22 years ago, so not too far removed from being a teenager.  Also, I'm in a similar situation as many of you.  I'm not officially out to most of my family and I'm not currently transitioning.  I still live with my (Non-LBGT friendly) mother that I'm financially dependent on.  I'm a person of color, and I am a devoted Christian.  I have been a member of this site for about three years..  If you ever want to reach out to me for whatever reason, be it dealing with being a non-transitioner at the moment, having non-LBGT friendly family, being a POC, or reconciling your Christian faith, etc., then feel free to contact me.  Glad to have you all on the site!!!!  :)
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

gildedfire

Hi, I'm Chess, and I'm 15 and non-binary. I have already come out to my friends as pansexual and all are accepting of that, but my friends are all particularly dismissive of non-binary people as well as one in particular accusing me of wanting to be a 'special snowflake' when I said I wanted to wear a tux not a dress to our formal presentation in a few years time. I also have the issue of having an extremely female figure, and short, making it hard for me to do anything to appear even slightly non-binary in appearance. Thank you
Non-binary ~ Chess
  •  

Stephanie2

I am Stephanie, the name I would have had, had I been born a female. My mother had mentioned that to me a few years ago while she was still around. I am no longer young at 64, soon to be 65. Back in my day it was rare to hear of transitioning people. There was no forums that I know of then. There was a couple of movies made on the subject, though. Myra Breckinridge in 1970 and The Christine Jorgensen Story, also in 1970. I never did see the movies, maybe it is time to see them on DVD, etc. So, anyhow, it was tough to talk to anyone about the subject, not that it is easy now, either. This forum is great for hearing of everyone's experiences and advice. Plus I am looking forward to more feminine changes that I may be getting in the future. At my age, I guess, it is better late then never!
  •  

Sandy

Hello everyone!

My name is Sandy and I've been a member of Susan's for quite a long time.  I transitioned eight years ago when I went full time.

I have achieved all my goals of changing everything in my life.  My life is now one of joy and color.  I am a happily married woman.  I have shared my experience with my brothers and sisters here.  I was supported by those here when my life seemed in unending chaos.  In turn, I wish to support those whose lives are also may be in chaos.

I want all to know that there will come a time when you can look back on your journey and see that your life too has changed for the better.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •