News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

first e dry hair

Started by Releca, November 17, 2014, 09:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Releca

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1j3flp76ktf7da/20141117_201213-1.jpg?dl=0

I have very fine dry hair. I'm trying to grow it out but it keeps turning into brush grass and stops growing. I'm currently using assie moist

Yet it still feels like I have a head of straw. Any tips on moisturizing and thickening my hair?
I am a caterpillar creeping along a leaf.
  •  

Jess42

I've always had good luck with Garnier products. I've tried the Aussie stuff abd it didn't do me as good.

Best thing to do is go to your stylists and ask them what they recommend. Argon oil is really good too.
  •  

Lyric

Everyone experiences issues like that when growing out hair that's been short a long time. Hair doesn't start laying agreeably until it's gotten long enough that it's weight pulls it over. This can take a year or more. The best thing is to smooth it down the best you can with product or use headbands/scarves/hats/whatever.

I've always had dryish hair and for years conditioned the heck out of it, but lately have had luck with the opposite tact. I now only use shampoo and conditioner once every few weeks. Once or twice a week I'll massage baking soda into my scalp and rinse with vinegar (Lots of people do this. I read an article). I brush it every day from the scalp to the ends to pull the natural oils out to the ends. My hair is stronger, has more volume and, I think, looks better than it ever has. The one drawback of this method is you have to pretty much avoid styling products.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

StevieAK

Posting just to keep track of ideas but for me i mix coconut oil and or another oil w water and  onditioner to keep from foo foo head. Ive had women come up and say they hate me for my awesome hair...if that isnt affirmation i dont know what is?!?
  •  

Releca

Ya I've dropped down to washing it twice a week but couldn't find one that prevents the dryness completely. I'll try the oils and keepnyou posted on how well it does. Any specific ratio I should follow or just what is enough to coat?
I am a caterpillar creeping along a leaf.
  •  

StevieAK

Try like 2 tbl spoons of conditioner, 2oz argun oil in a 12oz spray bottle. After shower spray the ends and brush out. I shruntchy up after to let the curls out. Let me know if it helps. :)
  •  

Jess42

They also seem to talk up Wen hair care products especially with over processed hair so if no processed hair it may really be good. Whether or not, I don't know. Thinking about ordering the whole line though. I do wash everyday because if not it looks really greasy and nasty. But use very little shampoo.
  •