Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Double/Triple Body Hairs?

Started by 326, November 23, 2014, 04:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I wasn't sure where to put this, I mean the actual removal isn't too different from single-hairs, but I find their existence curious. Is it normal to have multiple (2, 3, I think I've even found a 4-er once) hairs growing from apparently the same follicle? This seems to happen most frequently on my underarms, where I'd wager nearly half my hairs are actually growing in pairs. Causes, explanation, thoughts? When I try to look for information on this in more general places, I just get a lot of irrelevant information (^^;
  •  

HelloHeidi

Don't worry, it's normal! I experience this as well - the small ring of dark hairs around my nipples often has double hairs, as well as my underarms. Now that I look at them, most of them have the tiniest bit of skin between them, but some truly look like they're coming from the same follicle. I did some research and found this "uncommon" condition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pili_multigemini

as well as this disgusting and satisfying video:

My electrologist did my nipples a couple of times, but never mentioned anything about it, so I can't imagine it's as uncommon as we think.
  •  

Ms Grace

Many follicles have multiple hairs growing in the cycle at the same time. It's part of the reason waxing seems so infuriating - you wax and within a week there is new growth because that stuff hadn't come out above the skin yet. Electrolysis, notably the galvanic method, is a good way to kill the follicle all together.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Missy~rmdlm

I have some experience with that... Check out this beauty. You don't even want to know where that came from.
  •  

SimplyConfused

I think this explains why I am epilating the hairs twice a week verses most peoples every other week.
  •