Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Haircut - I'm torn

Started by Matthew, December 07, 2014, 06:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Since around 7 / 8 I've had a male haircut, and for the last few year's I've had it with a fringe. A lot of the time it was super long and not styled that much so didn't look great, but people would think I was a lot older than I am (useful for buying CDs, getting into films ect.). I was passing a good amount of the time, but not as much as I am now. A couple months ago I had all the fringe cut off as a significant part of my mental transition, I pass 99% now but I now wear only male clothes and bind, so that could be a pretty big part of it. Biggest downside of that is I'm still passing but people think I'm super young, and for the age I am (15) looking loads younger than I am sucks :P
I'll poke a few pics of pre transition (mentally) and recent, tell me which is more masculine with my face and which one I look older with x_x
Passing more is the best, but I don't know if it's 100% linked with hair *grumbles about not being able to buy sweary CDs*

Thanks
-Matt

•  

KimSails

Hi Matt,
I think you look male and young in all of the pics. However, I think you look both the most male *and* the oldest in the last two pics.

Fwiw, I would think it would be hard for any 15 yo male to look older. Older guys typically show some signs of facial hair. Few 15 yo males, trans or not, do.

Kim
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Unknown 

~~~~~/)~~~~~
  •  

mrs izzy

Matthew,
Seems it is a trait that is common among the FTM community.

Not sure why being the masculine happens at a high rate.

Move forward and do not let that derail your life.

Hugs
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •