Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

DES SONS

Started by marcm225, December 11, 2014, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are there any DES Sons who crossdressing/transgender?

YES
6 (85.7%)
NO
0 (0%)
NOT SURE
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

marcm225

I just came out to my wife about crossdressing/gender identity disorder and that my mother took DES before I was born and I am a DES Son.  I am 64 years old.  Anyone experience the same thing?
  •  

Deborah

Yes, my mother took DES also.  I only found out about it several years ago after she read an article about its links to various cancer risks.  I read up on its likely links to GID on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

HughE

Quote from: marcm225 on December 11, 2014, 09:18:46 AM
I just came out to my wife about crossdressing/gender identity disorder and that my mother took DES before I was born and I am a DES Son.  I am 64 years old.  Anyone experience the same thing?
I think you'll find that there are quite a few folks here who've experienced the same thing! Have you read these two threads?

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,84224.0.html
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,157142.0.html
  •  

Wynternight

DES victim here. Intersexed as well as trans. Sadly my talks with lawyers have led me to believe there's no legal recourse for us at this time, if ever.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

Jill F

I suspect that is the case with both me and my brother.  Testicular abnormalities in both of us, but as far as I know he's cis.  Anyway, I fit the profile perfectly.
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: Jill F on December 17, 2014, 07:45:46 PM
I suspect that is the case with both me and my brother.  Testicular abnormalities in both of us, but as far as I know he's cis.  Anyway, I fit the profile perfectly.

I verified  it with my mother. She was put on DES because her pregnancy was high risk. She remembers the pharmacy and it was the one named in the lawsuit and she described the pill perfectly. Le'sigh.

Yep...perfectly profiled here as well.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

Joelene9

Quote from: HughE on December 13, 2014, 08:21:56 AM
I think you'll find that there are quite a few folks here who've experienced the same thing! Have you read these two threads?

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,84224.0.html
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,157142.0.html
These threads are still active, refer to these
Quote from: Wynternight on December 17, 2014, 07:39:25 PM
DES victim here. Intersexed as well as trans. Sadly my talks with lawyers have led me to believe there's no legal recourse for us at this time, if ever.
Also in finding info in your parents' records as they have been sealed. The only way to know is to ask your mother or a knowing relative.

Joelene
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: Joelene9 on December 17, 2014, 10:11:33 PM
These threads are still active, refer to theseAlso in finding info in your parents' records as they have been sealed. The only way to know is to ask your mother or a knowing relative.

Joelene

It's already been confirmed with my mother.

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

traci_k

Mom says no DES but there were prenatal vitamins at the time that did have DES, she worked for a hospital and had a prior miscarriage, so I am suspicious. I too kind of fit the profile, some testicular differentiation, hernia, low sperm count, poor motility, and yes Transgender. Reading up on Sons of DES, of those responding, something like 25%-33% had gender identity issues. Of course those with issues were more likely to be looking into Sons of DES but the percentage still is way above the less than 1% assumed for the general population.
Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

Jill F

I guess I'd much rather be alive and transgender than another miscarriage.  Maybe DES saved me? I suppose I can't completely demonize it.
  •  

Eva Marie

My mom swears that she did not take DES when she was pregnant with me but I seem to fit the profile pretty well - testicular abnormalities, low sperm count with poor motility, and of course transgender. I think she must have taken DES via some vitamins.
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: Eva Marie on December 19, 2014, 11:45:57 AM
My mom swears that she did not take DES when she was pregnant with me but I seem to fit the profile pretty well - testicular abnormalities, low sperm count with poor motility, and of course transgender. I think she must have taken DES via some vitamins.

Eva, it is very possible your mom took it with vitamins and didn't know it (as was the case with my mom until we researched it.) DES was often put into prescription pre-natal vitamins up until 1972 and that is exactly what happened with my mother.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•