Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Just a few Questions! *Anyone can answer.*

Started by Maxwell, December 13, 2014, 03:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo702

Hmm that's weird. With Hawaii being populated with a big transgender community, me and my friends who are also trans started our transition at 14 and started HRT at the age of 16. We didn't need to go to a therapist and get a letter but maybe the rules changed since at the time we started hrt, it was the year 1999.

But even now a lot of the younger generation trans in hawaii are prescribed HRT at 16 as long as they have a guardian to sign the papers that acknowledge the prescribing doctor that the minor is allowed to take hormones. We didn't need to see a therapist or psychologist.

Maybe this is only allowed in hawaii since most transgenders know each other in hawaii but not sure how other states or countries work with their process for hrt.
15 years on HRT and going, started at age 16.

SRS+BA done in Bangkok, Thailand by the hands of Dr Chettawut Tulayaphanich and his team on November 1, 2014.
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: jojo702 on December 14, 2014, 10:47:08 PM
Hmm that's weird. With Hawaii being populated with a big transgender community, me and my friends who are also trans started our transition at 14 and started HRT at the age of 16. We didn't need to go to a therapist and get a letter but maybe the rules changed since at the time we started hrt, it was the year 1999.

But even now a lot of the younger generation trans in hawaii are prescribed HRT at 16 as long as they have a guardian to sign the papers that acknowledge the prescribing doctor that the minor is allowed to take hormones. We didn't need to see a therapist or psychologist.

Maybe this is only allowed in hawaii since most transgenders know each other in hawaii but not sure how other states or countries work with their process for hrt.
Huh, I didn't know there was a big Trans* community at Hawaii. The more you know. ;D
But I find it cool you were able to go through with HRT at 16 but in the States I've heard crazy things, like transitioning at 12! :o
  •  

fitzyfoop

There's that german girl that started hrt at like 11 or something and I swear she's so pretty. However, I don't remember her name... As far as I know she's the youngest person to have ever received hrt.
  •  

fitzyfoop

I think she's german, I'm not sure, and google proved useless when I tried to find out about her
  •  

adrian

Quote from: fitzyfoop on December 15, 2014, 09:15:55 AM
I think she's german, I'm not sure, and google proved useless when I tried to find out about her
I'm from Germany -- I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it would be very, very unusual given our legal/medical system. The more common route is puberty blockers and then HRT around 16 as far as I know.
  •  

fitzyfoop

Quote from: adrian on December 15, 2014, 09:33:15 AM
I'm from Germany -- I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it would be very, very unusual given our legal/medical system. The more common route is puberty blockers and then HRT around 16 as far as I know.
Well again, I'm not sure, I remember it from a few years ago, but I remember it quite clearly. I think she may have been from the states
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: fitzyfoop on December 15, 2014, 09:45:39 AM
Well again, I'm not sure, I remember it from a few years ago, but I remember it quite clearly. I think she may have been from the states
Nice profile pic! :)
The States are kinda weird at times with stuff like this...
  •  

fitzyfoop

Quote from: Maxwell on December 15, 2014, 02:15:22 PM
Nice profile pic! :)
The States are kinda weird at times with stuff like this...
It's Iki Hiyori from Noragami, really good anime, you should watch it. I got confused for a second because your last post has tommorow's date on it, the 16th.
  •  

fitzyfoop

Hi guys! I actually decided on a name: Valkyrie, but you can call me Val for short
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: fitzyfoop on December 17, 2014, 02:26:42 AM
Hi guys! I actually decided on a name: Valkyrie, but you can call me Val for short
Nice! I like the name, it's definitely special. ;D
  •