Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Mild, almost non-existant dysphoria?

Started by fitzyfoop, December 24, 2014, 08:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzyfoop

I don't generally experience dysphoria, if I do, very mild and only when I think about my body. It might be because I know, for a fact that I'm not stuck like this forever. I'm young enough so that puberty so far, won't have permanent effects. I think my biggest fear now, second to my family disowning me, is that I'm actually cis, and that this is just a phase. I do, actually wish I had been born female, that I didn't have the extra bits. I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced this.
  •  

Elis

Yeah I have the same thing. Only when I think about my body or spend a lot of time thinking about it do I get severe dysphoria and depression. If I think that soon I'll be on hormones it helps. I also worry that I may be cis like every other trans person. But to quell these fears I just think how much I'll regret not trying to make myself happy and I'm unhappy living as the gender I am now, so being male is the right decision.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

synesthetic

a lot of people trans don't have constant, non-stop dysphoria (though, of course, some do - varies from person to person) and I think everyone person has worried that they're really cis. but to say it simply: if you don't feel cis, then you're probably not cis. everyone has these doubts and not everyone gets severe/neverending dysphoria - if you feel you're trans, then you are trans. you are valid, and your experiences aren't unusual; they are totally valid as well.

((good vibes))
  •  

fitzyfoop

I actually just call my dysphoria mild because I've read post after post about people's really severe dysphoria. Mine only goes as far as to make me cry when I think about it for too long. No depression, no self-harm. Just tears, and I guess, maybe I'm lucky, being so young, and not ignoring my feelings for once.
  •  

Dee Marshall

My dysphoria gets exacerbated by being discounted by the people in my life or by any perception that I can't address it. Most of all it's like a baseline ache in my soul that makes unhappiness and depression caused by other things feel worse.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Julia-Madrid

Hiya

This is a more frequent thing than you'd expect, but it's quite a minority view on Susan's.  As you'll see, there are many people here who have had to struggle with great personal challenges which have had massive consequences to their lives.  This said, some of us do have a mild and often-controllable dysphoria.

However, it's worth thinking ahead Fitzy... so far you say that you are not too concerned or worried yet about secondary sexual characteristics brought about by puberity.  Why is this? 

If I had known when I was 12 that I could have had access to puberty blockers and a way to develop as a woman, I would have jumped at the chance.  All the corrective things we older people need to do is horrible, painful, and well worth avoiding, especially if you already know what you are likely to choose for your future.

It's difficult to see your future clearly when you're young, hell, it's always difficult to see one's future, but do you know what you want for yours?  And if so, how are you planning to achieve it?

Hugs
Julia
  •  

fitzyfoop

Hi, Julia, I live in Ireland and to the best of my knowledge I can only get blockers at 18 here, but Foxglove will hopefully get back to me on that soon, but someone on here said somethimg about starting blockers at 15 in Belfast, so I have that going for me. Literally the second I can get my hands on hotmones and/or blockers, I'm getting them.
  •  

Julia-Madrid

Quote from: fitzyfoop on December 26, 2014, 09:30:23 AM
Hi, Julia, I live in Ireland and to the best of my knowledge I can only get blockers at 18 here, but Foxglove will hopefully get back to me on that soon, but someone on here said somethimg about starting blockers at 15 in Belfast, so I have that going for me. Literally the second I can get my hands on hotmones and/or blockers, I'm getting them.

Great, sounds like you have a plan.  Have you involved your family?  Iit could really help to have a support system that will root for you and fight with you.
  •  

fitzyfoop

Quote from: Julia-Madrid on December 26, 2014, 09:32:16 AM
Great, sounds like you have a plan.  Have you involved your family?  Iit could really help to have a support system that will root for you and fight with you.
My family, no, they are as clueless as my parents, hopefully, but I have told most of my friends, they don't really get it, and I need to tell them that, when it's just us around, that I'd like if they'd use my prefered name, Val(kyrie). I have also reiterated, over and over and over again, that they can't tell anyone unless I say so. I am, no matter what, going to come out before the end of the year, I don't know why I want to, but I do.
  •  

Julia-Madrid

Well, Val, I think you are a brave young lady in the making.  It really helps to have your parents and family involved.  Mine were really really annoyed that they were the last to know.  I'd done 3 months of "dress rehearsal" to be sure, but they honestly were upset that I included them so late. Now, all they want to do is help.

So yeah, good luck when you talk to them.  You seem like you've got your head screwed on right, but all the same, make sure that you have your story clear, so that you can talk about the past (how long, what you have felt),  the present (why you feel the way you do and why you feel it's not a phase),  and the future (what you'd like to do next and during the long term).

Good luck !
Hugs
Julia
  •  

fitzyfoop

To actual heck with this! I'm gonna come out tommorow using little handwritten notes, taped places that I know they'll be seen, i.e the inside of the coffee cup cupboard, under the kettle etc. Here's hoping they take it well... :/
  •