Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transgender Dolls

Started by Jera, December 28, 2014, 05:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jera

Some people are wondering if this was an accident. I doubt it, since when do they put anything resembling actual genitalia on dolls?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/gay-issues/worlds-first-transgender-doll-sparks-controversy-argentina-photo

I'm curious what you all think.
  •  

gennee

From what I can ascertain what's the big deal? Parents say that the transgender doll may influence their child's sexuality. Really?

:)
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

JustASeq

Looks like just a part of the mold the plastic was formed in if you ask me....
-Seq
  •  

Jera

That's what I thought, too. But some folks really are raising a big stink about this.
  •  

rachel89

I don't think it was ever intended to be a transgender doll, but people seem to go really insane about a little manufacturing defect. Maybe this can help teach some parents, who are apparently suffering severe emotional distress because a female doll has what they believe is a penis, just how important SRS can be ;)

•  

Deltaforce

I think personally that it's just a weird defect, but still, if it causes parents to question things, and somehow helps other transgender people, I dont think it's something that needs to be changed  :D
  •  

rachel89

The idea of transphobes being forced to perform "SRS" on a toy just make me giggle. If they didn't want to perform the operation, would they cut its hair and forbid their children from dressing the doll in female clothing? I am just a little curious about what kinds of absurd behaviors this toy would trigger in transphobes ;D

•  

Leslie36369

it looks like an extra part was assembled during manufacturing

However, with that said I think it's a positive thing. If I were a kid I think I would have made the connection, and I think kids probably will, and if i were still a kid who came across one of these dolls I would had felt like it was accepted and "normal". In turn, I would had avoided the next 20 years or so of being ashamed of who I am, and would had probably addressed it much sooner.

Hypothetically at least. Who knows what would be if things were in the 80's as they are now lol
I feel like an alcoholic that celebrates my 90 day chip with champagne
  •  

Serena

Quote from: rachel89 on December 31, 2014, 12:20:35 AM
The idea of transphobes being forced to perform "SRS" on a toy just make me giggle. If they didn't want to perform the operation, would they cut its hair and forbid their children from dressing the doll in female clothing? I am just a little curious about what kinds of absurd behaviors this toy would trigger in transphobes ;D

This is the best comment lol but I don't think that's a penis lol, and not even Ken dolls have a penis so dat's just crazy
  •  

Evienne

Guess I'm going to be another vote twords the "I don't think that was intended category."
Personally, I don't really know if businesses would ever "want" to put a penis on a doll of any kind. I mean, Ken dolls never had them as far as I know. Maybe I'm wrong, idk. The boy dolls my sister had never had one, and they where actual dudes, so why would now they add one because of being trans. Seems weird to me.
And at most, if a penis was intended on these dolls, it's not going to make children question their sexuality. It may actually instead show kids at a young age that "some girls have penises, get used to it." But if that kid isn't born anything other than a normal heterosexual, chances are the kid isn't going to change genders or sexual orientations, especially just from seeing a penis on a doll. Some people just really need to stop worrying so much over things that aren't really that big of a deal.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

Lukoshkin

And nobody have asked the maker, what do they meen???

It's not the only one.
http://ftmperehod.com/board/files/a9498c_167.jpg
  •  

rachel89

Life must be difficult for committed trans-phobes when a small manufacturing defect on a knock-off toy sold in a nation thousands of miles away sends them into an emotional frenzy and ruins their whole day. If this is all it takes to make their heads explode, I think we could possibly have a lot of fun >:-)

•  

Laurette Mohr

It looks to me like the tab that connected another piece of plastic that is transposed on the other side in the molding process. Much like the plastic pieces to model cars have those tabs that you break off to separate the different model pieces.
  •  

ImagineKate

That's a true transgender doll, with a manufacturing defect just like we have.
  •  

Rebekka

Quote from: rachel89 on January 02, 2015, 01:23:35 AM
Life must be difficult for committed trans-phobes when a small manufacturing defect on a knock-off toy sold in a nation thousands of miles away sends them into an emotional frenzy and ruins their whole day. If this is all it takes to make their heads explode, I think we could possibly have a lot of fun >:-)

i agree

let the mind (Fk) games, begin !  ;D
Started HRT on March 16th, 2016  ;D
  •  

Rudy King

Or maybe there Intersex, and just have a enlarged clitoris?

Just saying!  Funny, non the less.
  •  

AbbyKat

My first thought was that it is simply a plastic mold manufacturing defect.

But then I realize that's how I feel about my own.

I guess a random manufacturing "defect" would be a perfect representation of gender dysphoria, if you think about it.
  •  

rachel89

maybe parents will take the doll to a plastic surgeon :laugh:

•  

makipu

I wonder what the doll's chest looks like.
I am male because I say so and nothing more.
I don't have to look or act like one therefore.
  •  

JackBNimbul

Quote from: ImagineKate on January 06, 2015, 02:36:41 PM
That's a true transgender doll, with a manufacturing defect just like we have.

I love this comment so much.
  •