Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

FTM Earrings?

Started by AbeLane, December 30, 2014, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbeLane

I've been debating what to do about my ears. I took out my earrings, but because my ears are gauged a little (I can't remember but I think they're 8 gauge or close to that) I feel like it's more telling to have them out with the holes. Like I'm obviously trying. Should I try to find more masculine earrings? I was thinking maybe fake plugs or black barbell studs. Or should I take them out all together? Or maybe work on stretching them out more?
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
-e. e. cummings

"I still believe in heroes."
-Nick Fury, Avengers

•  

Breanna

Strech them out! I've had mine done since high school and still dig them. Mine are 7/16 of an inch.
  •  

ErinReign

I think it comes down to personal style choice. It isn't uncommon for guys to have earrings, particularly gauges, plugs, or barbell studs. However much like visible tattoos, not all work places are entirely accepting of heavy gauging, so that would be something to consider before further stretching them out.
  •  

AbeLane

Which do you think works better? Also here a weird thought...would it be horrible to wear one of each?

-e. e. cummings

-Nick Fury, Avengers

•  

ErinReign

I think they both work well for you, maybe a slight lean towards the second. With mismatching there is a trend with that so it isn't unheard of, but what I've seen on guys is usually two different ones of the same style. Ultimately though it is your personal style, rock what you like best.
  •  

dex_paradox

I really like the second look.  The gauged look is not only nice but does project masculinity.
  •  

Tysilio

Not to be a downer, but a lot of people end up regretting ear gauging. It's not a look that goes over well in many workplaces, and it takes surgery to undo it -- so it can be expensive in all sorts of ways.

Just sayin'.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

AbeLane

Thanks for all the advice. I did eventually go with the ones in the bottom picture. And Tysilio, they're fake gauges and I've decided to go that route. Because yeah, I wanna avoid the stretched out look but I still like the gauge look.
-e. e. cummings

-Nick Fury, Avengers

•