Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

a neat feature on other boards i frequent

Started by lilredneckgirl, January 20, 2015, 07:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilredneckgirl

I  frequent  a  few  boards,  and  and  some  of  them  have  a  feature  titled,  "  new  posts". 
  it  filters  all  the  topics,  and shows  posts  that  are  made  in  say  the  last  few  hours.  it  lists  what  board  it  is  from,  the thread  title,  etc. 
  its  a  good  feature,  that  lets  a  user  focus  on  the current  threads  that  are in  active  discussion.  It  also  introduces users  to  boards  where  they  may  not  have  normaly  looked  before. 
  older  threads can  still  be  accessed  by  going  to  the board  and  scrolling  down. 

that  same  site  also  has  a  feature,  where  if  you  read  a  thread  and  that  thread  has  been  inactive  for  30  or  60  days,  it  posts  a   red  font  warning  that  it  is  an  old  and  dormant  thread.  prevents  answering  questions  that  are  long  answered. 
  •  

Ms Grace

Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Devlyn

It's Lisa, right? If you go to the bottom of the main page there is a link that says "View the most recent posts" This gives you the last 100 posts. Is that what you are looking for?

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

mrs izzy

Or the Recent Topics on the navigation bar between Gallery and Staff list.

Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

lilredneckgirl

Thanks  bunches,  still  learning  the  site  map. 
  •  

Beth Andrea

Also at the upper left corner, just under your screen name should be two links, Show unread posts since last visit and
Show new replies to your posts.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •