Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Booked my 1st Electro

Started by Alana_Jane, January 21, 2015, 01:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alana_Jane

So one more beginning today.  Rather than a consultation, I booked a 2hr session with Layla in LA.  this being my first experience with electrolysis, is it messy?  Should I wear an old tee-shirt, or can I wear a cute dress (and look like the slightly bearded lady) and not worry about messing my clothes? 

Anyone here us Layla's services? 

-Alana
Alana - Beautiful/Serene/Awakening
  •  

skin

Your clothes will be fine, but your brain may not be.  2 hours is a really long time.  It's not like the pain is that bad, but I'm usually ready to be done by 30 mins and only my strong desire to be rid of the stuff asap gets me to do 60 min sessions.
"Choosing to be true to one's self — despite challenges that may come with the journey — is an integral part of realizing not just one's own potential, but of realizing the true nature of our collective human spirit. This spirit is what makes us who we are, and by following that spirit as it manifests outwardly, and inwardly, you are benefiting us all." -Andrew WK
  •  

Alana_Jane

Quote from: skin on January 21, 2015, 02:14:21 AM
Your clothes will be fine, but your brain may not be.  2 hours is a really long time.  It's not like the pain is that bad, but I'm usually ready to be done by 30 mins and only my strong desire to be rid of the stuff asap gets me to do 60 min sessions.

Thank you,  so I'll wear something cute, but I'll look like the bearded lady, or maybe I should go in male mode so I don't look like the bearded lady.  I'm sure to have some left over even after 2hrs. 

-Alana
  •  

jenifer_n

after 2 hours you will still be mostly bearded lady - you will be amazed at how little can be cleared in 2 hours - it will only be a couple of square inches - ask what area will be worked into next and you can shave the rest - I am at the point where lip and chin are the main areas to be done while keeping sides above the jawline clear so I give those areas 2 days growth while continuing to shave the neck

jenifer
  •  

skin

Quote from: Alana_Jane on January 22, 2015, 09:26:46 AMI'm sure to have some left over even after 2hrs. 

Just a warning that by the sound of this sentence you are going in with unrealistically high expectations.  2 hours will not even make a dent - this is a long process.  You may want to look into laser first to cut down the density.
"Choosing to be true to one's self — despite challenges that may come with the journey — is an integral part of realizing not just one's own potential, but of realizing the true nature of our collective human spirit. This spirit is what makes us who we are, and by following that spirit as it manifests outwardly, and inwardly, you are benefiting us all." -Andrew WK
  •  

Alana_Jane

Thank you Jenifer and Skin...  I wasn't sure how large an area gets covered in an hour or two...  I realize that usually it takes 80 to 120 hours to get cleared.  Maybe when I arrive I'll ask her what she thinks, if laser might get me the dark chin hairs cleared.  My above lip hairs are blond/white.  I guess that's the curse of once being a tow-head blond. 

-Alana
  •  

Alana_Jane

I just got home from my first session.  As for progress, in the first hour my right check was cleared, the left in the second hour.  It wasn't too bad, so far, like little needle pricks then a warm sensation.  We discussed laser, but it'd not be as effective on my skin/hair color and it'd slow down my electrolysis treatments.  So, I'm just sticking with Electro.  Jeanette and Layla were both wonderful.  I booked another 2hr session for next Friday, and then I'll be going every other Friday after that.

-Alana
  •  

Alana_Jane

Progress report, second session is done.  I have 3hrs 40minutes (55minutes four times) total.  I had the area under my nose, just under my mouth, and under my chin thinned.  The front and just under my chin was cleared.  This time I had some loose skin and scabbing that didn't occur on the checks.  I'm still mostly hairless on the checks, in just under two weeks when I go back for my next 2hrs, it should be healed up and Jeanette can finish under my chin and around my lips.  I'm sure it's still a long way before 2hrs clears my face.  There will always be the late comers and stragglers to deal with for a long time.  That said, I was never super hairy and so I'm hoping to be on the low end of the average. 

-Alana
  •  

kao

that is awesome that it is going so well for you.  I start my laser sessions coming Wednesday while I am not overly dense I have very dark growth not to mention thick and was told to hit laser first to get the bulk gone.  I will have to have a little electrolysis under my nose and lip as I have some growth that has no pigment the hair is clear which took my laser consultant by surprise, she hadn't seen that before but it is at most 100 hairs that will need it.

hope all goes smoothly for your future sessions

Kao
Labels and closets are for fashion, not people
Boxes are for items, not ideas
Moulds are for desserts, you arn't supposed to fit
Live life your own way
  •  

Alana_Jane

Quote from: kao on February 15, 2015, 09:55:09 PM
that is awesome that it is going so well for you.  I start my laser sessions coming Wednesday while I am not overly dense I have very dark growth not to mention thick and was told to hit laser first to get the bulk gone.  I will have to have a little electrolysis under my nose and lip as I have some growth that has no pigment the hair is clear which took my laser consultant by surprise, she hadn't seen that before but it is at most 100 hairs that will need it.

hope all goes smoothly for your future sessions

Kao

Thank you Kao.  It really another aspect of our journey, and will only be complete many hours after we start.  Best of luck with the laser therapy.

-Alana
  •