Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Tabby's DIY guide to supercheap home made breastforms

Started by Hermosa_Tabby, January 26, 2015, 04:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hermosa_Tabby

Ok, so I just did one of those last minute hacks that turned into something awesome to share. These may not work for everyone, and the premise is so simple, that I am not sure it's worthy of writing a full guide, but it is kind of neat.

I couldn't find my breastforms as my room is a bit of a mess, but just yesterday I pulled out a few clothes that were either in bad shape or too small for me. I had a nice padded bra that I had outgrown that I was ready to simply throw away. A thought occurred to me that maybe I could reuse it to try to make a breastform.

The advantage of these breastforms are
1) If they show, it's not a big deal. They will look like the inner part of the bra.
2) They will never fall out, and should be adjust resistant.
3) They are reusing old things to make new. Good green thinking.
4) the are custom made in how they are cut for your own breasts from all angles.

Disadvantages
1)The one I can think of is the same issue as with a padded bra, being that they don't really bounce around. For many, like myself, that is not a worry.
2) You can't give yourself gonzo boobs of massive preportions. You can turn an A cup, into a large B, or a B into a large C cup with it though.

1)First I cut took out the old wonder bra, "any thick bra with good padding should work," and cut the straps for both the back strap, and the shoulder so I was left with just the 2 cups connected to one another.

2) I put the breastforms on inside the cups of another bra that fits nice. I took a magic marker, and drew a line 1 or 2 cm below every place the breast forms stuck out on one cup. I matched the cups up and cut them both with heavy scissors. This may need more adjustment down the road if I have more revealing bras.

3)I took a hot glue gun, and ran it along the seams to seal the foam.

4) Place the breastforms inside of an existing padded bra. If you have some cleavage, you can show it off without worrying if a silicone chunk of a normal breastform is trying to wiggle it's way out.
I did mine in pink, but I recommend black or nude so they can match better on the short connecter right in the front between the cups.
These are the forms before doing the hotglue. The hotglue step is optional, and it may be better without it as far as hiding the breastform.

Now some before and after

Before

After

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before

After

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the final pic is to show they do not show, even when bending forward.
Yep.
I am me. I am out to the world. Loving life and making peace with me.
  •