Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Does anybody know of a doctor that does penectomy

Started by Monika1223, February 06, 2015, 10:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monika1223

I had an orchiectomy with Dr. Arnkoff and want a penectomy without vaginoplasty.

I talked with Dr. Reed about this. He will do it as long as I get two psychiatrist letters.

Still just want to make sure there is not another one that doesn't require anything but informed consent.

And if the doctor is in Thailand, India or somewhere else that's ok although the U.S. would be the easiesr for me.

•  

Ms Grace

Have you discussed your reasons for wanting this procedure done with a counsellor or psych? Might be worth considering... if you have the penectomy then you will have no biological material for a vag if you reconsider later...
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Monika1223

Quote from: Ms Grace on February 06, 2015, 11:24:31 PM
Have you discussed your reasons for wanting this procedure done with a counsellor or psych? Might be worth considering... if you have the penectomy then you will have no biological material for a vag if you reconsider later...

Yep and I do have one letter already approving the penectomy. I never wanted a vagina since pre orchiectomy so that has been consistent.
But thanks for asking.
  •  

androgynouspainter26

No need to be down on her about it...post-op results aren't all they're cracked up to be, and personally I think that just getting it lopped off would be a perfectly acceptable compromise.  I think there may be someone in India who can do it, as well as one surgeon in thailand, who'se name I cannot remember.  It'd be very hard to get it done in the US. 
My gender problem isn't half as bad as society's.  Although mine is still pretty bad.
  •  

Randi

I have heard that both Bowers and Brassard will do "cosmetic SRS", which doesn't include a vagina.  I think it costs the same, but of course much less invasive, and easier aftercare.
  •  

androgynouspainter26

The "cosmetic" srs still comes with some depth, from what I've heard-just a few inches, but the vaginal canal is a lot smaller.  The perfect size for a finger, if I may be so bold...
My gender problem isn't half as bad as society's.  Although mine is still pretty bad.
  •  

Monika1223

Quote from: androgynouspainter26 on February 07, 2015, 10:46:02 AM
No need to be down on her about it...post-op results aren't all they're cracked up to be, and personally I think that just getting it lopped off would be a perfectly acceptable compromise.  I think there may be someone in India who can do it, as well as one surgeon in thailand, who'se name I cannot remember.  It'd be very hard to get it done in the US.

Thanks and that's just my preference. I don't want to get a vagina but I support everyone who does.

I've been on a roller coaster ride here in U.S. A doctor told  me he will do it and I waited a few months until the psychologists at his hospital told him not to do it.
Now I talked to Dr. Reed on the phone he is so nice and he just wants to be sure I am making the right choice. I am meeting him next week for the first time.
Either way I am making this my priority right now. I also have a friend who claims a doctor in California will do penectomy as long as I have one letter  so I sent him an email today. I told him I doubt that but he says to be patient and wait for a response.
  •  

Monika1223

Quote from: Randi on February 07, 2015, 11:42:08 AM
I have heard that both Bowers and Brassard will do "cosmetic SRS", which doesn't include a vagina.  I think it costs the same, but of course much less invasive, and easier aftercare.

I've heard of that too but I would have to take hormones for a year or more. I am actually going to see a doctor for hormones in a few weeks but I don't know how I will react to them and if I will want to stop them. The thing about me is I am actually pretty happy with my orchiectomy but I also want to get the penectomy done.

About a month ago I emailed Dr Schaff's office in Munich and they said they will do it as long as I have a letter. But I tried emailing them a few more
times and no response.  :(
I tried calling too but I always get a voicemail and I don't understand German good.
  •  

calico

Quote from: Monika1223 on February 07, 2015, 04:03:26 PM
I've heard of that too but I would have to take hormones for a year or more. I am actually going to see a doctor for hormones in a few weeks but I don't know how I will react to them and if I will want to stop them.

Just a lil fyi, you should be on some sort of hormone regimen either T or E , primarily because of osteoporosis and bone density loss, once you remove the things that are responsible for the main amount of hormones some supplemental has to be in place also you also risk the chance of thyroid failure. I know some people don't care either way but going without significantly shortens your life span and put you in direct danger of several medical problems. Again just a heads up.
"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity."― Irving Wallace  "Before you can be anything, you have to be yourself. That's the hardest thing to find." -  E.L. Konigsburg
  •  

Eirik

Hi
I have also done orchiectomy in 2006 and want penectomy done. I have been looking for doctors but not found any yet.
Bjorn
  •