Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Long-lasting lipstick

Started by barbie, February 07, 2015, 08:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

I smoke, drink more than 10 cups of coffee, and have meals 3 times every day. I wear lipstick, but it can not last long.

I looked for various products, and I found that the following lipstick that lasts long. And I like the color too.

Shiseido Perfect Rouge, $25

I purchased one at a tax-free store in an international airport.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

mfox

I love the Revlon 24-hour ColorStay liquid lipsticks.  You can apply to bare lips, then let it dry a bit, and run the chapstick-like tip over it to seal in the color.

http://www.revlon.com/products/lips/lip-color/new-colorstay-ultimate-liquid-lipstick

It's kind of rubbery when it dries, so it lasts forever, but you can't really touch it up once it does start to go.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: mfox on February 21, 2015, 11:06:30 AM
I love the Revlon 24-hour ColorStay liquid lipsticks.  You can apply to bare lips, then let it dry a bit, and run the chapstick-like tip over it to seal in the color.

http://www.revlon.com/products/lips/lip-color/new-colorstay-ultimate-liquid-lipstick

It's kind of rubbery when it dries, so it lasts forever, but you can't really touch it up once it does start to go.

Oh, thanks. I wrote it down on Evernote.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

DeanJulian

From what I've heard, Velour Liquid Lipstick by Jeffree Star stays on for ages, and there's some really nice colours.
  •  

spooky

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick! If I'm going for a dark/red lip I'll usually choose this product because I know that I won't have to worry about it ending up all over the place.
:icon_chick:
  •  

pollypagan

Maybelline 24 hour is my choice and it's not too expensive; and one tube last for ages.
  •  

Ashley1212

Hi,
I just got maybelline 24 superstay. It has color on oneside and lip balmon the other.
It seems to last along time. Really stays on good.
Ashley
  •  

Cindi Jones

If you can find a colored pencil close to your lipstick color, use the pencil to outline and fill in your lips first. Then you can use any lipstick the color will last a very long time.
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Cindi Jones on March 02, 2015, 09:24:06 PM
If you can find a colored pencil close to your lipstick color, use the pencil to outline and fill in your lips first. Then you can use any lipstick the color will last a very long time.

Oh. Thanks for your interesting tip. I need to search my little daughter's room  :)

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

serenityfaith

Quote from: mfox on February 21, 2015, 11:06:30 AM

I've used this!! and it truly is amazing!! its my go to lip color :) but they're right, once it begins to wear you have to use makeup remover to get it off as its pretty darn resilient. then you can reapply! but definately not before! it lasts a long time if you use the conditioner on it (comes with it) often enough throughout the wear. but if you dont it wont last and will start wearing off. So if you're forgetful (as i can sometimes be) or aren't fond of having to reapply conditioner (because its a pain in the butt to constantly do) then this may not be your best choice. However seeing as the conditioner absorbs so quickly maybe if you got an original chapstick to condition with instead that may last longer and require less frequent re-applying, but don't quote me on that because i've never personally tried that. Just an idea
"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues." ― Elizabeth Taylor <3

•  

alexis.j

I used the Revlon colorstay / overtime lipstick (liquid color and gloss), and it works very nice. But i have since then switched over to MAC matt lipstick, which lasts quite long for a regular lipstick.
My advice,  try a colorstay  and see if it works for you... only greasy food would cause it to come off for me, but reapplying it during the day was not too nice, it would get all cakey. (Remove before reapplication )
  •  

Miharu Barbie

I have an out of control addiction to Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. It's the only color I'll put on my lips anymore.  Lip Tar is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way (the tubes last ages.)  It stays on all day for me. It comes in 50 or more colors, and because it's liquid, I custom mix my own colors most days. 

Some of my favorite colors are a red called NSFW; their primary blue called RX is super fun; I love their blackened-purple with blue sparkles called Technopagan; they make an awesome pink called Pretty Boy; and they make a primary yellow called Traffic that mixes into amazing colors with pink (to make fabulous coral), red (to make gorgeous fire engine red), and primary blue (to make a stunning green.)  Oh, and my new favorite is a dark red with bright red sparkles called Role Play.

I have a lot of fun with lip color!
Free your mind and your arse will follow

HRT:                         June 1998
Full Time For Good:     November 1998
Never Looking Back:  Now!
  •