Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Gender Spectrum Youth Council

Started by skin, February 18, 2015, 09:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skin

This came across my desk at the LGBT Center I work at.  I have no affiliation with this group, but it looks like it could be a great experience for our younger members.

QuoteGender Spectrum is recruiting youth between the ages of 13 and 19 to join our national Youth Council for 2015. We are accepting applications from highly motivated and passionate youth who know how to self-manage their time and resources. There are a limited number of available positions, and we hope that youth who are not selected by the committee will continue to support the council in other ways.

The Youth Council will kick-off 2015 by focusing on new developments for the Gender Spectrum Teen Conference to be held in July. Council members may also begin a social media campaign early 2015.

Council members will be meeting twice a month. As this will be a national council of 14 members, youth who cannot attend meetings in-person at our main office in Emeryville, California will need to access the meetings via Google Hangout.

We value gender diversity. Gender-expansive, cisgender youth, and transgender youth of color are highly encouraged to apply.

If youth are interested in developing leadership skills focused on gender diversity and equity, please contact Adam Chang at achang@genderspectrum.org or at (415) 812-7866 for an application.
"Choosing to be true to one's self — despite challenges that may come with the journey — is an integral part of realizing not just one's own potential, but of realizing the true nature of our collective human spirit. This spirit is what makes us who we are, and by following that spirit as it manifests outwardly, and inwardly, you are benefiting us all." -Andrew WK
  •