Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

ACLU's online petition needs signatures to fight Florida's Bathroom Legislation!

Started by Obfuskatie, March 07, 2015, 08:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obfuskatie

The ACLU has organized an online petition to fight against the Floridian new bathroom legislation. 
  If you'd like more information on what is happening in Florida, the advocate.com has several news stories dedicated to it. 
  If you'd like to help the ACLU fight against government sanctioned oppression, go to their website and you should be able to find their petition with a bit of navigation from their front page.

The petition needs another 3,000 or so signatures to hit the 50,000 mark.  I'd provide a link, but I'm pretty sure that violates the forum's TOS.  I signed it and donated money but you don't have to donate money to sign.

Were I in Florida, I'd want to organize and participate in a bathroom sit-in at the courthouse... Only I'm not sure if it'd be more effective to do the sit-in at the Men's restroom or Women's...maybe both...

I try to be apolitical and cheery most of the time, but this entire story is too outrageous for me to not do what I can to fight it.  Ugh, I'm so angry right now, I need to go watch kitten videos or a romcom or something.  Maybe Chappie, it just came out, plus Hugh Jackman is dreamy...I hope it's good...

hugs,
- Katie

If people are what they eat, I really need to stop eating such neurotic food  :icon_shakefist:
  •  

Eveline

You can sign the petition using this page on the ACLU site.

The page also has buttons to make it easy to post a link on Facebook and Twitter...
Eveline

Twitter: @evelineacarr
Facebook: eveline.a.carr
LinkedIn: evelinecarr

•  

skin

Quote from: Obfuskatie on March 07, 2015, 08:00:49 AM
I'd provide a link, but I'm pretty sure that violates the forum's TOS.

If this type of link was in any way frowned upon, I would very much question the purpose of having a trans community forum.
"Choosing to be true to one's self — despite challenges that may come with the journey — is an integral part of realizing not just one's own potential, but of realizing the true nature of our collective human spirit. This spirit is what makes us who we are, and by following that spirit as it manifests outwardly, and inwardly, you are benefiting us all." -Andrew WK
  •  

Obfuskatie

Quote from: skin on March 08, 2015, 04:06:50 AM
If this type of link was in any way frowned upon, I would very much question the purpose of having a trans community forum.
Lol, I'm super averse to breaking the rules though.  Especially since I don't want to push politics anywhere.  I figure, if people are interested, they probably know how to get to ACLU.org or com or whatever.

Hugs,
- Katie
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If people are what they eat, I really need to stop eating such neurotic food  :icon_shakefist:
  •  

catherine2003

this is not politics, that's human rights, and a matter of survival !
:embarrassed:

•  

Eva

Thanks for the link, this is really starting to anger me and Ive signed it and passed it on >:(
  •