Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"Phase"

Started by Scorpion, March 15, 2015, 07:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpion

Is there anything to suggest that is not a phase i am going through? I really don't want it to be. I looked in a mirror wearing something more feminine and looked much like a female, of which made me incredibly happy.
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Scorpion on March 15, 2015, 07:56:35 AM
Is there anything to suggest that is not a phase i am going through? I really don't want it to be. I looked in a mirror wearing something more feminine and looked much like a female, of which made me incredibly happy.

The fact that you don't want it to be a phase says a lot.

If you are indeed trans, it's not a phase. We don't get over our gender (any more than cis people do). We're born with it.

However, it is true that even those of us who are as trans as they come find periods when our gender seems less important, so the fact that it comes and goes is no indication.

I had that fear too - that 2012 would be known as "the year Dad thought he was a girl." Instead it was the year I started becoming one.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Scorpion

Thanks for the reassurance  :D My day will be alot nicer now.
  •  

Northern Jane

There seems to be a relationship between the age at which GD starts and whether or not it is "a phase". If the GD was evident early in life (like before age 5) there seems to be very little chance you will "grow out of it". If it persists through puberty, you are pretty much stuck with it!
  •  

Scorpion

I only started feeling this about a year ago (maybe before, i recall doing some femalelike stuff), but i'm sure going to hold onto it!
  •  

Devlyn

It's just something you have to figure out on your own. A lot of soul searching and asking yourself questions. When the answer becomes "Because that's who I am" you're there.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •