Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A Unique experience

Started by April_TO, March 22, 2015, 06:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

April_TO

I just want to share a unique experience I had today :) So I was meeting my friend at Starbucks as I recently had a trim and I wanted her to see my haircut. So upon arriving I went straight to the counter as I was very thirsty (effects of spiro LOL) and started ordering. 

I noticed right away that a very masculine female barrista was looking and smiling at me. She later on asked her friend to take something at the back so she can take my order. I didn't care coz I wasn't paying attention. She started making conversations and so I politely answered her questions until she gave me my drink.

As I sat down to chat with my friend, I noticed on the sleeves of my drink her no. and a smiley face - LOL omg I turned beet red. I don't know what to make of it. I am a straight trans woman so having that experience was just unique and an acknowledgement how much I've changed since transition.

Anyways, thank you ladies for reading my quick share.

Love and Respect,

April
Nothing ventured nothing gained
  •  

Beth Andrea

That is awesome! I'm so happy for you!

:)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Mariah

Wow and that's fantastic. Sounds like you handled it really well though. It's true though just in the time you have been on this site the you have changed remarkably. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

evecrook

•  

ImagineKate

Hey April, you are beautiful! I told ya so! You turn heads!!!
  •  

April_TO

Thank you so much ladies, it was a fun experience :)
Nothing ventured nothing gained
  •