Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Muddled, The Misguided, and The Future: A Ranger’s Perspective on a Happy Li

Started by AZKatie, March 23, 2015, 08:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZKatie

The Muddled, The Misguided, and The Future: A Ranger's Perspective on a Happy Life

January 7, 2015 by Mat Best, CEO Article 15 Clothing

http://www.havokjournal.com/culture/muddled-misguided-future-rangers-perspective-happy-life/

Life is full of transitions. Transition in my understanding is a portion of life that consists of adapting from normality into the unknown. Whether that is optional or obligatory, you are found out of your comfort. Understandably, this is a very scary median between two positions in life. I've found that transition normally takes a lot longer than you expect. We all wish that transition would be over in a blink of an eye, but unfortunately that is never the case.

The key to transition is acknowledging that you are changing your life for a better outcome. A normal response to a period of transition is often filled with emotions like trepidation. In my personal experience, transition tends to take you to a place filled with more happiness than ever before. Even if the road to happiness was undeniably difficult. If you get lost in a state of embitterment, know that you're in control of change and action will be the only delineation of success.

========================

An old friend of mine who recently left the military wrote this article, and while it is specific to transitioning out of the military, it really struck a chord with me.  I think it applies to all of us more than he intended.

Edited for format
  •