Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Tired of facial hair removal...

Started by 2cherry, April 01, 2015, 09:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2cherry

I am already had 3 years of facial hair removal. 2 years laser, 1 year electrolysis.

And I am getting tired of it... because some parts seem to grow back.  :(

When will this end?

Electrolysis is good, but I cannot shave for two whole days before an appointment. It is wearing me down, because I am so far in my transition that it's weird to walk around with facial hair. I just hide for two days inside my home, afraid to go outside... and then 1 hour, they remove like 50 hairs or so, which are back the following week...  >:( ???

I cannot continue to live like this... it dominates my life. Those few hairs! argggh!! begone!

I am willing to quit doing it...

Advise? hugs?

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: 2cherry on April 01, 2015, 09:39:49 AM
I am already had 3 years of facial hair removal. 2 years laser, 1 year electrolysis.

And I am getting tired of it... because some parts seem to grow back.  :(

When will this end?

Electrolysis is good, but I cannot shave for two whole days before an appointment. It is wearing me down, because I am so far in my transition that it's weird to walk around with facial hair. I just hide for two days inside my home, afraid to go outside... and then 1 hour, they remove like 50 hairs or so, which are back the following week...  >:( ???

I cannot continue to live like this... it dominates my life. Those few hairs! argggh!! begone!

I am willing to quit doing it...

Advise? hugs?
big, big, hug! Was this all at the same place? Have you seen reviews from there?
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

2cherry

Thanks!

I've been to 3 places, before landing with my current electrologist.

I am reconsidering laser again... as I notice that about 50% of regrowth is still "black", well black.. no hair is truly black I guess... just dark.

I don't mind electro, it's the non-shaving part that gets me... it interferes with my life, mainly because I try to live stealth currently.

•  

2cherry

Had another session last week. I think she removed 30-40 hairs or so in 1 hour. Kinda slacking I guess...

You know, I have a degree in electrical engineering. I am thinking about designing my own device. It's really simple to design a device for electrology. Unlike difficult IPL/Laser technology, electrolysis is a fairly simple physical chemical reaction of lye, produced by a DC current passed through a needle. Not exactly rocket science.

I did have one before, and was proficient enough to do my arms and legs for a while. Not my face though, but I am thinking about trying. Not only will it save me a lot of money, I can do it from home and whenever I feel like and for 2-3 hours if I want to.

•  

suzifrommd

Hugs Cherry. It's taking forever for me too. My laser took a year, and electrolysis is pushing a year and a half with no end in sight. I'm doing 4 hours a week, and it seems like the regrowth is thinning a bit.

I HATE having to walk around with beard stubble.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •