Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Acne Scars

Started by SamiT, April 06, 2015, 10:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamiT

Does anyone have a good tips for lessening of deep pits and acne scars? HRT, ffs and laser hair removal have smoothed some of it out. I have tried a heavy routine of cleansing and moisturizing but that has only changed my complexion and not had effect on the scaring. I know makeup can cover it but I like a more natural look with less makeup. Thanks gals!!
  •  

PsychedelicSage

If they're legit scars, I highly recommend using Mederma on them daily. It will take a little while to make the scars completely disappear, depending on the depth and severity of the scars, but Mederma is working wonders on very deep scars on my arms, as well as the stretch marks on my thighs. I've been using it on my arms since November, and my scars are half as visible as they were before I started with the Mederma.

As you wait for the scars to go away permanently, there is something you can use to conceal them daily.. Dermablend is your friend! It's a bit on the expensive side ($20 for a lipstick sized tube of it on Amazon, but it goes a long way)It lasts all day and is smudge resistant, but it is easy to get off at the end of the day
Started HRT on 4-14-15 but it was DIY.
Started real prescribed HRT on 7-22-15 c:
  •  

barbie

Quote from: SamiT on April 06, 2015, 10:18:12 AM
Does anyone have a good tips for lessening of deep pits and acne scars? HRT, ffs and laser hair removal have smoothed some of it out. I have tried a heavy routine of cleansing and moisturizing but that has only changed my complexion and not had effect on the scaring. I know makeup can cover it but I like a more natural look with less makeup. Thanks gals!!

IPL or laser treamtment such as Fraxel can be effective for that purpose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intense_pulsed_light
http://www.skintour.com/guide-to-cosmetic-treatments/laser-treatments/guide-to-fractional-lasers

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

spooky

You might want to look into using a serum or spot treatment with an ingredient like retinol or vitamin C - these products usually claim to do things like lighten dark spots, improve scars, and aid in the turnover of new skin. Right now I'm testing a vitamin C spot treatment product and I'll report back my results.

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage might help a lot if you do decide to use makeup on them.
:icon_chick:
  •  

Laura_7

You could have a look at
wikihow dot com/Get-Rid-of-Acne-Scars-with-Home-Remedies

All at your own risk... if in doubt ask a doctor.

I'd say healthy nutrition makes sense...

some seeeds contain phytoestrogen... I'd simply not consume huge amounts.

hugs
  •