Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I just came out.......

Started by Lady Smith, April 08, 2015, 12:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Smith

I belong to a women's ministry group where the members are all deacons or pastors or ministers to a wide variety of congregations.  The topic of ministering to trans-folk came up (well I started it actually) and after several very positive posts by women pastors an ordained Episcopalian Deacon spoke up and said that she was a post-op TG.  Sooooo taking a deep breath I took the courage of my convictions and said I was too (I regard having an orchi as being post-op btw).

So the cat is out of the bag and I can't stuff it back in.  In some religious circles ordained women ministers are about as controversial as being transgender so I feel that it was a safe environment to come out in.  I can't say that I'm quite ready to out myself to the local congregation at St. Mary's just yet, but I very much feel that when the time comes to stand up and be counted I'm not going to be hiding away behind the pews.
  •  

sam1234

That must have taken a lot of courage. Whether you came out because you were in a position where people already knew you in one gender, or you just felt it was something you had to do, it takes guts to expose yourself like that. Congratulations!

sam1234
  •  

Lady Smith

Thank you Sam.  In my religious role I've been completely stealth up until now, but my heart is telling me that standing back and playing safe is not what I should be doing when my faith as a Christian woman is so important to me.

Yes I do feel a little scared, but what can the Church do to me if I become officially noticed? - burn me at the stake.
  •  

Lady Smith

Tonight after prayer group a good woman friend at church who has the blessed gift of healing came up to me and told me that whatever it was on my mind at the moment that was occupying so much of my thoughts I was to keep on with it and not give up no matter how rough it might get.  If I was looking for some kind of sign I certainly was given one and even now I still feel deeply moved to have been given such an affirmation.

Needless to say I hadn't mentioned a thing to my friend about transgender issues before she spoke to me.
  •