Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Pat Robertson 700 Club

Started by Kiria1988, April 12, 2015, 01:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlinchCat

That's not necessarily true. In order to be a Chrisitian, you must accept forgiveness for your sins. He's probably done that. So, even though he may not follow all of the stuff he should be following, that does not legitimize himself as a Christian.

Also, (I think) it's said multiple times that we are not allowed to say if people are "real Christians" or not. So, potential hypocrisy, I guess.
  •  

Eva Marie

Pat is from another era and he has not changed one iota since then. He's still trying to appeal to a certain segment of the population that looks to an authority figure for their beliefs and refuses to think for themselves. These people respond and send money so it's in his best interest to appeal to them to get ratings and financial support. He knows which side his bread is buttered on. It is my personal belief that he's got a lot of explaining to do when he gets to the pearly gates, like many other current Christian personalities do. They have wondered far from the ranch.

As someone else said the demographic that Pat appeals to is dying off. Meanwhile, the newer generation tends to think for themselves and they generally "get" us. Coincidentally the new generation has no acceptance of the bigotry and hatred that Pat teaches - they are looking for something that they can believe in and what Pat and people of his ilk are peddling does not resonate.

Yes, the times are a' changing.
  •