Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Pat Robertson 700 Club

Started by Kiria1988, April 12, 2015, 01:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiria1988

Pat Robertson of the 700 Club one of those TV Evangalist stated that Transgender people are the same as his
casterated horse. Pat said he casterated his male horse to make him a less agressive male as the horse wasn't trying to be a girl. This one of the many reasons I abandoned Christiananity.
  •  

gennee

Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

Cyber Warrior

I dont even think that fool knows what he is saying anymore. But yes rampant homophobia and transphobia are just one of the many reasons why I feel religion is like a cancer to society.
  •  

Jill F

How can there be peace when drunkards, drug dealers, communists, atheists, New Age worshipers of Satan, secular humanists, oppressive dictators, greedy money changers, revolutionary assassins, adulterers, and homosexuals are on top?
- Pat Robertson, The New World Order, p. 227

I think you tipped your hand there, Pat.   If that wasn't a freudian slip about being a closeted "bottom"...
  •  

Lady Smith

I do not like TV evangelists on principle.  Too much like a faux-Christianity based on putting on a good show with no actual theological substance or real faith behind it.

•  

Going4Miles

I wouldn't worry too much about what Pat Robertson thinks of us or what he has to say on his TV program.  The man is 85 years old and I'm willing to bet that a large segment of his audience is up there in years as well.  With no disrespect to the elderly, the mentality many of them have, referring to those with ultra conservative views such as Pat Robertson's "good Christian" followers, are dying off.  The good news for us is that there has been a significant increase among younger generations who understand and accept the GLBT community and who fully support the entire community, yes, including transgender folks.   :angel:  So, keep the faith.  Don't let the bible thumpers out there get you down.  The world is changing and they're coming around to becoming supporters for us. 

Miles 
T: 5/1/2015 | Top: 10/4/2016
  •  

Stella Sophia

When I first came out to my fundamental Christian family they quoted Pat Robertson and something he said about "Transexuals march in satan's army." As though I was supposed to take it seriously.

•  

Jill F

"March in Satan's army?"  *le facepalm*

Do I at least get cool goth boots and a guitar solo?
  •  

Ms Grace

Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Jill F

Do I have to desert the KISS Army first or do you think Gene will grant me an honorary discharge?
  •  

big kim

Tinfoil 99p per roll at Home Bargains, Pat can make a lot of hats for himself and his followers
  •  

Stella Sophia

Quote from: Ms Grace on August 15, 2015, 12:45:17 AM
There's an army??

Right? I guess if I have to be conscripted I might as well leather and stilletos?  >:-)

•  

stephaniec

He has an estimated net worth of between 200 million and 1 billion, so he's probably secretly funding medical care for the homeless (not)
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: Stella Sophia on August 15, 2015, 01:51:41 AM
Right? I guess if I have to be conscripted I might as well leather and stilletos?  >:-)
I wish my knees would allow me to wear stilettos , I'd join.
  •  

Colleen M

Quote from: Stella Sophia on August 15, 2015, 12:15:29 AM
When I first came out to my fundamental Christian family they quoted Pat Robertson and something he said about "Transexuals march in satan's army." As though I was supposed to take it seriously.

In a fight between Pat Robertson's followers and Satan's Army...far be it from me to take sides in an intra-squad scrimmage. 
When in doubt, ignore the moral judgments of anybody who engages in cannibalism.
  •  

Going4Miles

Quote from: Stella Sophia on August 15, 2015, 12:15:29 AM

Pat Robertson's one to talk. Him innocent?  Really???   :laugh:  Something tells me that he won't be marching in Santa's army for all the good girls and boys out there.  I'd love to say where he should go, but instead, I'll leave it up to guys to use your own imagination.  It's much more fun.   ;D

Miles     
T: 5/1/2015 | Top: 10/4/2016
  •  

Stella Sophia

Pat is just a t>-bleeped-< and spends all his nights fantasizing about all of us.  :angel:

•  

FlinchCat

Ugh. What's funny (weird funny, not comedic funny) is that the entire reason that some Christians are so transphobic is because of mistranslation and assumption.

Just saying.
  •  

purpleshiny

Every time I've seen this guy I wonder if he has Alzheimer's.  For what it's worth, I heard that at the last election he said that God spoke to him and said Romney would win the presidency.

I guess that must have just been inbox spam in his brain.
Any pronoun works.  I also answer to "hey you."
  •  

CarlyMcx

When Jesus Christ was teaching the gospel, he never asked anybody for money.  Ever. 

Pat Robertson and others like him can call themselves "Christians" all they want.

They are not, because they do not follow the teachings of Christ.
  •