Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Any origami makers here?

Started by awkward-shark, April 13, 2015, 12:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awkward-shark

As a kid I always considered myself a creative and crafty person. My parents and other people, although they acknowledged my creativity, often said I wasn't careful, patient or delicate.
At age 12 I discovered, thanks to the internet, origami, and started making figurines. 8 years later, here I am. I developed some skills and I'm very proud of the work that I've learnt to do. Mainly because everytime I finish a module I say to myself "I they thought I hadn't the skills or the patience to do something like this, ha!".

The models that I enjoy the most doing are modular origami, the first picture took me nearly a whole day. Recently I learnt how to do tessellations (second picture), but I have very basic skills on that yet. Here are some of my modules.

If there are any other origami makers, please join in :D.
Gender is the poetry each of us makes out of the language we are taught
Leslie Feinberg
  •  

LordKAT

I make little things to keep my fingers occupied. I tend to leave them as 'tips' in bars and restaurants.
  •  

awkward-shark

That's great, I can't make much out of a napkin but it's easy to make little stars with the paper that cover straws. Origami is a way to keep my minds busy as well and for some reason that way I can focus better on things like lectures and speeches, I can't do it of course, because it'd seem rude to the teacher or person talking...
Gender is the poetry each of us makes out of the language we are taught
Leslie Feinberg
  •  

LordKAT

Napkins don't work well but the little paper things they come wrapped in do and so do paper place mats.
  •  

Devlyn

I love it and have attempted folding a few times, but never really threw myself into it. Your work is very nice. I like dollargami too.
Great topic!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •