Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Finally had a penectomy

Started by Monika1223, April 13, 2015, 01:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeirs

How has it healed up? Hopefully all good :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

•  

Tessa James

Other techniques now done at Oregon Health & Science University include no depth vaginoplasty but I understand the surgery is considerably longer and expensive but preserves vital neurologic connections.
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

spx_1112

So proud Monika.  Hugs Shannon
  •  

R R H

Quote from: AnonyMs on April 17, 2015, 05:17:34 PM
I've always found this quite interesting as the entire business about letters is voluntary in most places - but not in Thailand of all places.

Yep: classic Thailand :D

It doesn't pay to flaunt the law there and so they follow that one pretty carefully. When I had my orchiectomy at PAI I needed both letters and a third sign-off from a Thai consultant psychiatrist which happened the day before surgery following a 20 minute cross-examination. Oh and $100 ;)

I'm not knocking the place. I love Thailand. I'd rather that they err on the side of caution too.
  •  

R R H

Oh and really interested in this thread.

Monika, you had no intention of getting a cosmetic vagina at all then? How are things healing?

x
  •  

AnneK

QuoteYou mean why don't I take female hormones? I've recently decided to start taking some.

Hi Moninka.

While I first read this thread some time ago, I finally decided it's time to write.  This morning, I had my first "trans" discussion with my doctor.  She'll be putting some info together for me and refer me to someone else.  I hope to start on hormones first and then see what surgery, if any, I'd get.  How are you finding life now, 2 years after your surgery?  Are you satisfied with the results?  Do the hormones make much of a difference for you?

As I mentioned, I'm considering the various surgical options of orchiectomy, penectomy or full SRS, as well as just staying on hormones.  This is why I'm asking for your experiences, as while there are plenty of articles about SRS here, there aren't about what you did.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Old topic but I'm very curious to know, how do you get sexual pleasure without anything on the front? I know you said you're all about anal but still, we orgasm with our genitals.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Mandy M

If Monika still has her prostate gland then sexual pleasure is possible regardless of absence of testicles and / or penis. The prostate is a highly charged sexual gland: arguably more so than either of the aforementioned. It would also come into play during anal sex.
  •  

MaryT

Monika hasn't posted anything for a long time.  I hope that she is still well and happy. 

I understand that orchiectomies cause prostates to wither (hence the treatment for prostate cancer), so I hope that she can still have sexual pleasure if she wants it.  To an extent, I can understand someone not particularly wanting a vagina.  How many holes does a woman need if she isn't going to bear children?  Anyway, most men who like transgender women seem to prefer anal sex to using an orifice that they may perceive as dry and artificial.  However, modern vaginoplasties do at least preserve some penile tissue, so there is a potential for sexual pleasure.

Monika is so beautiful and cute, with a personality to match.  I do hope that she has found love and happiness.
  •  

Laurie

Hi MaryT,

You are correct Monika has not been active on this site for a little over a year now. Perhaps someone know how she is doing and can provide an update.

Hey I see that you are new here. So please let me say, Welcome To Susan's Place! Come on in and take a good look around.  Perhaps I can even get you to hop on over to the Introductions Thread and create a post to tell us a little bit more about yourself so we can get to know you a little better and greet you properly.

Also I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site.

Hugs,
   Laurie

QuoteA Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone