Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Finally had a penectomy

Started by Monika1223, April 13, 2015, 01:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monika1223

For those of you not familiar with this I am one of the few transsexuals who desired genital removal only without vaginoplasty.
I am kind of like the Hijra in India they remove their testicles and penis but do not get vaginoplasty.
I had an orchiectomy almost 2 years ago and I had the penectomy this Saturday 4/11/2015.  It still feels so unreal. I love looking down there and seeing it's not down there anymore.
But I want to share for anybody who is thinking of doing the same or just wants to read about my experience.

It was done by Dr. Arnkoff(well mostly by an intern). He really is an angel who made my dreams come true 2 times. First with the orchie now with this. He did not require a therapist letter or hormone therapy.
The first step for the penectomy was coming to Michigan to Garden City Hospital where I had a catheter inserted so I could be ready to pee sitting down after my penectomy. Also known as perineal urethrostomy the urethra is cut and an opening is created through the perineum, right above the anus. So I will have to pee sitting down for the rest of my life. A catheter is inserted through the new opening.

He left the catheter in there for a month that way the pee hole stays forcibly open for an extended period of time and it has a smaller chance of healing over. Most doctors leave the catheter in only for a few days for penectomy patients. I like the way he does it because it seems like I have a lower chance of having it start to heal over later. Btw on penectomy day he gave me two dilators which I can use once in a while to make sure it's not healing over.
So then I came back to Michigan after a month and he took the catheter out two days before the penectomy. So I was already all set with the new way of urinating. And all that was left is to remove the penis.

So on Saturday I went to a surgery center where there were also 2 other doctors. One of them was an intern. She did most of  the penectomy while he supervised and also did a part of it. She also did my perineal urethrostomy earlier. All 3 of the doctors are friendly and I can tell they did their best. They used local anesthesia. The price for the penectomy was only $3,500. For the perineal urethrostomy it was $1,500 for Dr Arnkoff and $850 or $875 for the hospital.

But anyways the local anesthesia shots were the hardest part. They had to really get in there to make sure everything is numb. The penectomy took a little over an hour. I was quiet most of the time and very nervous even though I knew I was in good hands. Can't help it. After the surgery the site did not look bad at all but there's been a lot of swelling. Now it looks very unpleasant since it is swollen and dark. It will look awkward until it gets to the final stages of healing.
I am seeing Arnkoff tomorrow again just so he can check how I a doing. 

And if you're wondering about the pain the surgery was done around 7:30 am and I didn't feel anything until about noon. Then the pain really started to come in. I got some strong pain killers called hydrocodone and even they were not working until I finally ended up taking 3 of them which is very risky. But then the pain finally became tolerable. So it's been getting better. Now the pain is ok as long I take the hydrocodone I do not feel anything except the soreness.

Mod edit: no pics please, site Terms of Service

•  

possessed

Do you have anything like a sensitive organ? Will u be able to orgasm?
  •  

Monika1223

Quote from: possessed on April 13, 2015, 06:11:42 PM
Do you have anything like a sensitive organ? Will u be able to orgasm?

I'm all about the anus.
  •  

Lady Smith

Wow that's amazing.  When I asked doctors here in New Zealand about doing that they acted like I was asking to be fitted with an extra head or something. 
  •  

Monika1223

Quote from: Lady Smith on April 13, 2015, 08:31:07 PM
Wow that's amazing.  When I asked doctors here in New Zealand about doing that they acted like I was asking to be fitted with an extra head or something.

Aw sorry to hear that.  :(
I was also rejected by several doctors. Funny thing is i heard Dr. Arnkoff does not do it. I eventually called him to see if he can recommend someone.
He then told me he will do it...caught me by surprise.
  •  

mac1

Quote from: Monika1223 on April 13, 2015, 01:49:54 PM
  It was done by Dr. Arnkoff(well mostly by an intern). He really is an angel who made my dreams come true 2 times. First with the orchie now with this. He did not require a therapist letter or hormone therapy.

So then I came back to Michigan after a month and he took the catheter out two days before the penectomy. So I was already all set with the new way of urinating. And all that was left is to remove the penis.

How did you manage the castration and penectomy without therapy or other letters?
?
  •  

Monika1223

Quote from: mac1 on April 13, 2015, 11:14:19 PM
How did you manage the castration and penectomy without therapy or other letters?

Because Dr. Arnkoff doesn't believe those are neeeded all I had to do was sign informed consent forms.

I love him   :icon_dance:
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Monika1223 on April 14, 2015, 12:13:51 AM
Because Dr. Arnkoff doesn't believe those are neeeded all I had to do was sign informed consent forms.
I've always found this quite interesting as the entire business about letters is voluntary in most places - but not in Thailand of all places.
  •  

DKTGSupport

Looking more or less good  ;) Now you just have to wait for the swelling to decrease.Just imagine how it will look in 3 month and in a year AWESOME  :eusa_dance:

How old are you ? I'm 42 if I knew what know today I wouldn't mind getting it done.
"I wish there was another sex, a neutral one. One with no parts. One that was outside of the whole reproduction thing. Then people would never even see me as an option. That would be really nice."

Genderrelated accounts : AVEN / Youtube
  •  

Monika1223

Quote from: AnonyMs on April 17, 2015, 05:17:34 PM
I've always found this quite interesting as the entire business about letters is voluntary in most places - but not in Thailand of all places.

Yeah it's up to the doctor but most of them do follow the Harry Benjamin standards or whatever they're called.

•  

Monika1223

Quote from: DKTGSupport on April 19, 2015, 06:21:34 AM
Looking more or less good  ;) Now you just have to wait for the swelling to decrease.Just imagine how it will look in 3 month and in a year AWESOME  :eusa_dance:

How old are you ? I'm 42 if I knew what know today I wouldn't mind getting it done.

Yes with time it will get better.  :) I am 24.

This was painful too. After I had the orchiectomy as long as I took the painkillers I was ok.
But when the anesthesia wore off for this not even the hydrocodone could get rid of all the intense pain.
And I am still very uncomfortable when I walk and it hurts to stand still.

But it is healing pretty good. Not much bleeding anymore and it's turning darker and darker.

You should still get it done just make sure you get a few weeks off and are willing to deal with it all emotionally and physically.
  •  

Cadence Jean

Congrats, Monika!  I had an orchie with Arnkoff about three years ago now.  He is a blessing to our community! :)  Very down to earth guy too.
to make more better goodness

I have returned to recording on TransByDef!  Watch us at: https://www.youtube.com/TransByDef
  •  

Monika1223

Quote from: Cadence Jean on April 29, 2015, 07:25:55 PM
Congrats, Monika!  I had an orchie with Arnkoff about three years ago now.  He is a blessing to our community! :)  Very down to earth guy too.

Thank you Cadence. I remember reading about your orchiectomy before I had mine. Thanks for posting that.
Hope you're feeling great.
And I agree with you Arnkoff is a blessing to us.

Update: I also got a $1,200 bill for anesthesia from the hospital. So the hospital charges a little over $2,000 altogether for the perineal urethrostomy
  •  

DKTGSupport

How is it going with the swelling ? Can you see any difference ? Can you walk normal ? Why do you take female hormones ?
"I wish there was another sex, a neutral one. One with no parts. One that was outside of the whole reproduction thing. Then people would never even see me as an option. That would be really nice."

Genderrelated accounts : AVEN / Youtube
  •  

Deepspace9odo

Will you be able to post a pic of your private area once it's completely healed? Because one of the pics looked infected...  :-\
  •  

Lady Smith

Quote from: Monika1223 on April 30, 2015, 06:31:13 AM
Thank you Cadence. I remember reading about your orchiectomy before I had mine. Thanks for posting that.
Hope you're feeling great.
And I agree with you Arnkoff is a blessing to us.

Update: I also got a $1,200 bill for anesthesia from the hospital. So the hospital charges a little over $2,000 altogether for the perineal urethrostomy

That sounds like a good price for taking out the trash.
  •  

Monika1223

Quote from: DKTGSupport on May 21, 2015, 05:28:59 AM
How is it going with the swelling ? Can you see any difference ? Can you walk normal ? Why do you take female hormones ?

You mean why don't I take female hormones? I've recently decided to start taking some. I am getting Premarin and Progesterone. I still have not taken them though. I'll have them in a few days.
There is no swelling now that's long gone. I've been working for the last 2 weeks. I feel totally normal now.

Quote from: Deepspace9odo on May 23, 2015, 05:20:18 AM
Will you be able to post a pic of your private area once it's completely healed? Because one of the pics looked infected...  :-\

Yeah sure I can take some once I get a chance. It's not infected.

Quote from: Lady Smith on May 23, 2015, 05:33:30 AM
That sounds like a good price for taking out the trash.

Yep I'm not complaining.  ;D
  •  

mac1

I would like to have a total penectomy, castration and perineal urethrostomy.
?
  •  

Roberta W

Wow Thats Super!  Congratulations!  It's been a couple of months now, so I hope all is healing or has healed nicely.  I've been sitting down to pee for 30 years now, so fear not, you'll get used to that!  It's obvious that you have a lot of folks intrigued here on this site ... You go girl!
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

mac1

Monika

Great for you girl. I would also like to have total removal of those parts and do not need to have a vagina.

The change would not require any life changes for me.  I have sat or squatted to pee full time (under all conditions) for over 17 years. My wife gave up penetrative sex over 7 years ago to vagina dryness. My only problem is that I have to find a way so that my doctor will declare the removal as being medically necessary in order for my wife to be in agreement.
?
  •