Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Eric schaeffer's "Boy meets Girl" (2014)

Started by AmberLou23, April 14, 2015, 03:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberLou23

I rented it on Vimeo then instantly bought it after watching it. I'm sure most of you will have heard about it. Just wondering what your thoughts were?

I completely adored it. There are very few TG films that explore the concept of gender and love together. I fell in love with the main character (especially her hair, like I want it ahhhh). I felt just a strong connection with the film, it made me cry!

I even considered watching it with my mum...
  •  

Lady Smith

Yes I watched Boy Meets Girl just recently and I was delighted by it.  I have a copy now too and it's a 'keeper'.
  •  

Amy85

Is it out on dvd or did you buy it online somewhere? I'm interested in seeing it.
  •  

AmberLou23

Quote from: Amy85 on April 14, 2015, 04:36:07 AM
Is it out on dvd or did you buy it online somewhere? I'm interested in seeing it.

I think you can buy it on DVD but I would recommend renting or buying it on Vimeo :)
  •  

amber roskamp

Thanks for the sites I was looking for it a few weeks ago but I couldn't find it
  •  

skin

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on April 14, 2015, 09:50:32 AM
It is free on a site called [Site removed]   No registration or anything else, just click and watch

I wouldn't judge someone pirating a big studio movie too harshly, but Boy Meets Girl will probably never break even. Please watch small, independent movies legally.

As far as the content of the movie, I was pretty worried about it before I saw it. Having a trans actress is great, but I think it's way more important to have trans writers than trans actors. There are a couple nitpicky things that make it clear the movie was written by a cisperson, but for the most part my fears were unfounded. I enjoyed the movie a lot.
"Choosing to be true to one's self — despite challenges that may come with the journey — is an integral part of realizing not just one's own potential, but of realizing the true nature of our collective human spirit. This spirit is what makes us who we are, and by following that spirit as it manifests outwardly, and inwardly, you are benefiting us all." -Andrew WK
  •  

AmberLou23

You can find it online, sure. It costs like $4 to rent it, it's worth it. I would love to see the film have a larger audience and piracy does it no good :(
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: skin on April 14, 2015, 12:57:15 PM
I wouldn't judge someone pirating a big studio movie too harshly, but Boy Meets Girl will probably never break even. Please watch small, independent movies legally.

I agree with this.
  •  

MacG

Rented from Amazon. Loved it. I'd love to see the lead actress do more.

amber roskamp

Ok I finally watched, and I thought it was decent.um it was obviously written by a cis women but I really liked Ricki She was charming, hillarious, and adorable. Unfortunately the dialogue would take me away from the movie at times like when they would say bio boy or genetic girl And little things like that, but finally a trans character at the center of a romance. I mean it wasn't perfect but it was one of the best movies with trans characters I have seen.
  •  

HexenPixi

I just watched this movie today because it was added to Netflix, and I really loved it. Actually, it was a breath of fresh air. Sure, there were little mishaps with the language "bio this-and-that etc," but I feel like it expressed sexuality between a cis and trans woman in a respectful way. It also showed that not all trans women hate their genitalia, and that some of us feel comfortable. All-in-all, I thought it was really positive, and I'm really happy it exists.
I selfishly wish Ricki would have been portrayed as a lesbian trans woman, something that I feel really shows the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation, and also is something I can relate to, but nonetheless films like this are a step in the right direction.   :)
"Eisbär ... müssen nie weinen ... "
  •  

Lost78

If any of you have Netflix, there is a movie that was just added called "Boy meets Girl", I've never heard of it before but after reading the synopsis decided to watch it. It was moving and I even got teary, but who knows, I've been emotional lately. Regardless, you might want to check it out, it's a decent flix.
  •  

akegia

Just watched this with my SO, we both LOVED it. I got teary several times, must watch movie.
  •  

rachel89

This is one of the better movies with a trans woman as a main character. This would be a movie I would actually watch with my sister when I come out to her.

•  

RobynD

Absolutely loved this movie. Sweet and adorable and i cried through several parts.

•  

KathyLauren

This movie was on my wife's watch list for a while, so, when I came out to her last week, it got bumped up to the top of the list.  We just watched it last night on Netflix. 

What a lovely, sweet film!  I cried a few times.  A very sensitive script, and great, real performances from the actors, especially Michelle Hendley in her first role.

If you haven't watched it, you should.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

julia64

I watched this on netfilx.  What a great movie!
  •