Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

"Banned" in Firefox!

Started by Tysilio, April 21, 2015, 07:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tysilio

I tried to log in just now, and saw the following message:
Quote from: Susan's PlaceAn Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Tysilio, you are banned from using this forum!
spam
This ban is set to expire September 06, 2015, 01:14:33 am.

This was in Firefox (latest version) -- if I log in from IE, everything works fine. Weird.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Devlyn

OK, I know this is upsetting to you. You probably should have thought about that before you spammed the forum. >:-)

And for what it's worth, we spell it BANNED around here, lock your caps, for Pete's sake!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Susan

You were accessing through a website hosted by  Leaseweb USA, Inc. which was used to post spam to this domain. I show 4 websites hosted on that ip. Access this site directly and you should have no problems.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

iKate

I'm curious though, is that some sort of malware causing it to go through a proxy? Could explain the spam too.
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Tysilio on April 21, 2015, 07:53:35 PM
I tried to log in just now, and saw the following message:
This was in Firefox (latest version) -- if I log in from IE, everything works fine. Weird.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Did you load firefox from a non official website ?
This is the official website :
mozilla dot org/en-US/firefox/all.html (make backups from bookmarks etc before installing anew).

Or did you install some addons, or installed a program which changed some firefox settings ?
You could look up the software tab of your os, if there is someting like a taskbar there...

hugs
  •  

Susan

Quote from: iKate on April 21, 2015, 08:52:55 PM
I'm curious though, is that some sort of malware causing it to go through a proxy? Could explain the spam too.

Always possible.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Ms Grace

I've given up on Firefox - keeps knocking out my wifi!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Tysilio

Quote from: SusanYou were accessing through a website hosted by  Leaseweb USA, Inc....

Ah, yes, that explains it. %#$&* Firefox anonymous browsing add-on (which I almost never use) decided to update itself and turn itself on.  Now I've disabled it -- that'll teach it to mess with me.

Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •