Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Wigged Out

Started by Angelgrl, April 23, 2015, 10:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelgrl

Ok, I do not know if I am doing something wrong or if I am just allergic to synthetic wigs but I have gone through my second wig now and each time wherever the hair touches my skin, such as the neck or ears, I break out in a tiny rash in those areas along with slight swelling in my hands and feet, redness in the eyes, slight headache and dizziness.  Not a good feeling at all, I do not need this after going through 3 months of intense chemotherapy.  Is it possible that I am allergic to synthetic wigs?  I have not tried the vinegar wash that I hear is suppose take the alkaline out of a synthetic wig.  Does it really work?  I have no hair right now due to the chemo I went through and I am just so used to having hair.  I do have a few scarves but it just is not the same as having hair.  My only other option is to save up for a human hair wig. 

Angelgrl
  •  

Laura_7

One option would be to look for a used real hair wig, from a reputable source. Sometimes people sell them almost new, because they didn't like the colour or else...

hugs
  •