Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Accidentally outed among queer friends in minor way?

Started by Aazhie, April 26, 2015, 01:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aazhie

So this is relatively minor but wondering if anyone has advice all the same XD

My friend was visiting, my roommate is also FTM but more genderqueer than transman as far I as still know... My friend turned to me and said, "so excited you're getting surgery!" in front of him.  She and I had been discussing online before she drove through California to visit.  Never actually told my roommate, as the last guy we knew who got (sort of impulsively fast, but I might have done the same if I'd been in the same place!) top surgery became a huge subject of him getting upset and it became something I just didn't want to bring up as it got to be a bit much for me to handle his reaction.

I'm not wanting to bring it up myself with him, but if he brings it up, I guess some advice or general thoughts would be great? :C 
You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
Johnny Cash
  •