Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Building and maintaining muscle after srs

Started by mythaisrs, May 13, 2015, 11:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mythaisrs

I used to have a lot of muscle in my arms and strength in my hands, now days I struggle to open a honey jar. I know men find it easier than woman to build muscles because of testosterone. I also know men supplements on either creatine or protein and work out.

How do I go about building streanth again? I even struggle to lift boxes and in a way it makes me feel weak and I dont like to feel weak in that sense. Since we maybe moving house soon I would like not to have to struggle ith heavy lifting.

what would be the best way forwards to build strength in my hands and arms and gain muscle?. would the supplements mentioned with weight training help?.

I am not expecting to become as strong as a man nor do I want to look like a female muscle builder but I would like some of my strength in my arms and hands back.
  •  

Lady Smith

Unfortunately that's the price we have to pay when we go on HRT.  I used to be a heavy truck mechanic and after 22 years on HRT I would be lucky to be half as strong in my upper body as I used to be.  On the other hand my upper body strength was such that I used to injure my own skeleton which caused me no end of problems.  So being less strong after HRT has been good for me and all the old damage has had a chance to heal.

Keeping active and a normal good balanced diet is the best way to maintain appropriate strength.  I did empty hand martial arts for a while as well as studying the sword arts and that seemed to keep me in shape just fine.  I did a little training with light weights as well. I don't own a car and I ride a bike everywhere. I'm 61 and despite living with a chronic illness my muscle tone is very good for my age, but I'm far away from being a muscle bound Amazon by any means.
My advice is to stay away from buying muscle building supplements as you might as well short cut the need to walk to the store and buy them and just flush your money down the toilet now to save yourself the trouble.
  •  

carsandsarcasm

The same way as anyone builds strength. Get under some weights a few times a week and lift. The adrenal glands produce testosterone so muscle and/or strength gain is possible, only harder, just as it is for cis girls.
  •  

Jake25

Go to the gym and use weight lifting machines.
  •  

Madison (kiara jamie)

Quote from: carsandsarcasm on May 14, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
The same way as anyone builds strength. Get under some weights a few times a week and lift. The adrenal glands produce testosterone so muscle and/or strength gain is possible, only harder, just as it is for cis girls.

i second that, i have been on hrt for just under 2 years and i have not lost my strength since i still work a heavy labour job, i do notice that the recovery period of heavy physical activity is worse and takes longer, but the only thing that prevents you from bulking up is your own mind, you just need determination and mental strength to overcome it

•