Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Amazing shaving gel: Skintimate Shaving Gel review

Started by PsychedelicSage, May 19, 2015, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychedelicSage

I wasn't given any form of compensation for writing this review, I did this because this is an awesome product.

So up until now I've been using nothing but soap and water on my face and body to shave.
I was getting cuts often and had a very hard time getting a close shave, mainly on my face. I was actually unable to get a perfectly smooth shave on my face. I have about medium-coarse facial hair.

But today my Skintimate shaving gel came, and I immediately tried it out. I wet my face with warm water, and squirted some shaving gel onto my hand. I rubbed it into my face. It lathered very efficiently and very quickly, I got a ton of lather from just a little dab of gel.

Instead of sticking or feeling painful, my razor glided through the lather, easily shaving the hair.
Usually my chin is a nightmare to shave because that's where the hair is coarsest. But I was able to shave it perfectly smooth with minimal effort and my chin got much less cut than usual.

For the first time since I started shaving, I was able to get a perfectly smooth shave!
I highly recommend this shaving gel.

And it will probably work even better for shaving my body hair, because my body hair is much less coarse than my facial hair. I'll update this post once I try it on my body.

This is the one I got:

Started HRT on 4-14-15 but it was DIY.
Started real prescribed HRT on 7-22-15 c:
  •  

Beth Andrea

+1 for Skintimate (I use the berry).

Excellent shaving gel. To paraphrase a hot sauce commercial..."I use that sh*t on EVERYTHING!"

Next best is a good hair conditioner.

And don't forget to change the blades at the first hint of dullness.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Alice Love

Been using skintimate since I stole my gf's. It's wonderful, I even use it for my face now.
  •  

Eva Marie

My ex and my daughters always used Skintimate, so when I needed shave gel thats what I bought and then I realized why they used it - It makes a rich thick lather with just a small squirt of the product.

I still manage to gouge myself on occasion when using it, usually when I'm in a hurry and I don't have time to wait for bleeding to stop :laugh:
  •  

G4

What about straight razors or double-edged? I recently heard how 'your grandfather's shave is 50x better' than anything these replaceable/disposable razors can do (and that more blades affects nothing).

For the record, I typically use whatever replaceable head razor is on sale at Kroger or Walmart.. I really have never been picky, but now I want to pay attention to these sorts of things.
  •