Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

did anyone see mad max?

Started by amber roskamp, May 20, 2015, 03:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amber roskamp

So yea pretty much what the title says! I watched the new one and loved it. It was an awesome movie. I loved furiosa (charlize theron). She was just a total badass and one of the best strong female leads I have seen in an action flick. Anyone else watch it I want to hear up ur thoughts!
  •  

i_are_kim

For me fury road is the best mad max ever...btw i loved the flame throwing Crazy Guitar Guy.. one of the best action movies of this year
  •  

Nickywhat

Saw it on opening day and tempted to see it a second time :3!  It was just as awesome as I had hoped it could be!  Love the bad guys in here, Immortan Joe was like Darth Vader meets Shredder imo :3!  Furiosa was easily the star of the show and worked well alongside Max!  what I loved the most was the world crafted and presented in this film, it's just completely nuts and totally believable!  The vehicles were craaaaaaaaaaazy and totally made me think of Twisted Metal video game :D!
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: i_are_kim on May 20, 2015, 03:17:38 PM
For me fury road is the best mad max ever...btw i loved the flame throwing Crazy Guitar Guy.. one of the best action movies of this year
I never really got into the old ones to be honest. But this movie was seriously like an some. The movie was just intense from start to finish. I usually am not huge on action flicks but this movies action was really interesting. Like when they drive into the nuclear storm cloud thing. And just the style and every thing just worked.
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: Nickywhat on May 20, 2015, 03:28:14 PM
Saw it on opening day and tempted to see it a second time :3!  It was just as awesome as I had hoped it could be!  Love the bad guys in here, Immortan Joe was like Darth Vader meets Shredder imo :3!  Furiosa was easily the star of the show and worked well alongside Max!  what I loved the most was the world crafted and presented in this film, it's just completely nuts and totally believable!  The vehicles were craaaaaaaaaaazy and totally made me think of Twisted Metal video game :D!

I thought that too. Immortan Joe totally reminded me of sweet tooth and the average bad guys reminded me of psychos from borderlands. And then don't get me started on the feminist theme! I was like woah! This is amazing. I'm definitely gonna see it again
  •  

stephaniec

yes, Max is quite good looking
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: stephaniec on May 20, 2015, 04:10:10 PM
yes, Max is quite good looking

You can have max I want furiosa.

I have to admit Tom hardy does have some kissable lips :D.

•  

Nickywhat

I'm gonna hop on that Nux then and have a Lovely Day! :3 *giggles*
  •  

Abby Claire

I saw it yesterday and liked it a lot. I didn't like it as much as The Road Warrior though, and Tom Hardy isn't as hot as Mel Gibson was.
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: Abby Claire on May 20, 2015, 04:38:27 PM
I saw it yesterday and liked it a lot. I didn't like it as much as The Road Warrior though, and Tom Hardy isn't as hot as Mel Gibson was.
I never made it through much of the old ones (i rarely like old movies). But if max was crazy in those like he is in these then I could see Mel Gibson doing great... :P
  •  

Nickywhat

Quote from: amber roskamp on May 20, 2015, 04:46:59 PM
But if max was crazy in those like he is in these then I could see Mel Gibson doing great... :P

Rimshot xD! *giggles*  I kinda liked the older ones ( I love post-apocalyptic movies/settings) but I've never been a Mel Gibson fan.
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: amber roskamp on May 20, 2015, 04:23:30 PM
You can have max I want furiosa.

I have to admit Tom hardy does have some kissable lips :D.
I'll compromise, we can double date and switch back and forth until someone gets tired.
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: stephaniec on May 20, 2015, 05:51:45 PM
I'll compromise, we can double date and switch back and forth until someone gets tired.

Lol
  •