Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Picked out a new dog for me

Started by torig, May 21, 2015, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torig

I picked out a new dog for me,a 3 month old black lab and her name is Madeline and this was after I got out of work.I am so happy with my new dog,Madeline was the one.She came up to me sniffing me and liked me on the spot.The breeder I got her from said Madeline is for me.Signed the papers and handed over the money.Good thing is she is house trained and her shots are current.I had a 12 year old black lab named Blazer,had to put him down in October and this was hard tearing up.Arthritis badly and he could not get around,saw a look from him saying he had a good life with me and was his time to go.So far,Madeline gets along with my wife's Pomeranian Lucy somewhat.The breeder even handed me something she loves,a couple containers of 4 tennis balls.
  •  

Jayne

The title says you picked out a new dog but your post makes it obvious that your new dog picked you, we like to convince ourselves that we choose our dogs but in our hearts we kinow that's a lie.
My Poopie made it clear that I was his new slave/owner, I didn't really have a say in the matter
  •  

torig

I saw Madeline was the one,friendly on the spot.Looks like her mom too.My wife sees I am finally happy and Madeline is going to be a great companion to me.
  •  

Tysilio

Congratulations! That must be a wonderful feeling.

I'm envious -- I lost my pal, Bailey, almost two years ago, and I've just now been able to start looking for the next one. It's true, they pick us a lot of the time.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Devlyn

Pictures of Madeline, please! I love labs, mine is a yellow, he's twelve and gray in the muzzle. We're coming to the end of our path together. They give you everything, then they're gone, and a piece of you goes with them.

Hugs, Devlyn

•  

Laura_7

•  

torig

Madeline does not like getting her picture taken at all.I always liked the labs,great with kids.I have so many great memories of Blaze,He was a good companion and know he crossed the rainbow bridge.
  •