Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Convincing myself to stay on track

Started by Ace_Javert, June 02, 2015, 01:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace_Javert

Ok, I'm creating this post to force myself to stick to my guns and lose some weight.
Right now I am 5' 10" and weigh 250lbs.
Wayyy too big.
Starting the keto diet today 6/2/15.

Man I hope this works and gives me no excuse to avoid actually doing it!!
~Jav
  •  

CollieLass

Best wishes for your success, Jav.......Let this day be the start of the new you! ;)

I`ve lost 66 lbs. since the turn of the year; it feels so good to achieve a goal and feel a confident spring in one`s step.  :icon_wave:
  •  

Marly

I assume by "keto" you mean low-carb?
if so, be sure to take a good multi-vitamin every day.  Everyone's a little different. But for me, a day or two in, my appetite pretty much goes away. Most days, my breakfast is a meal replacement drink made with almond milk and dark chocolate cocoa (the baking kind, with no sugar)...I also have a handful of almond nuts. Lunch is a piece of cheese and handful of almond nuts. There are lots of low-carb recipes online too which I reserve for my dinner mostly.
For reference: I am 6' tall and was 260 on February 1... I am currently about 190 and aiming to be under 170 before I start HRT.
For me it will be a lifestyle change where I limit carbs such as potatoes or any kind of fast food to just once a week. (once I am below 170)

you can do it!
  •  

Tiffers

Quote from: Marly on June 02, 2015, 04:03:44 PM

For reference: I am 6' tall and was 260 on February 1... I am currently about 190 and aiming to be under 170 before I start HRT.

Wow - that is incredible progress!!!  Very inspiring to hear.
  •