Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I'm a TS performer and its hard to get respect

Started by Anela, June 10, 2015, 10:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anela

I perform with a high dollar drum machine and bass machine because I cannot get members. The video i uploaded is a contest winning vid. I won against all the best musicians in Honolulu in that contest.  people love my songs and are always asking me when im playing. if I was not trans I could have a band back me. I have found it very hard. promoters do not book me even though the other bands of this style love playing with me. 

I have written songs to heal myself of trauma of loosing my children to accusations that are not true. people like to hold onto rumors to relieve their own guilt of leaving a friend or family member to suffer. So instead of weakness and abusing myself with pitty and drugs I am an example of strength to choose positive outlets for my pain and losses.

As an award winning performer and much loved by fans I find it amazing people choose to start bands all around me but not join me.  I have even learned to loop my guitar and bass parts live and control that while I play drums and sing the songs. This drops jaws! I hear about how amazing I am and how much energy I am all the time, people stop me all over the island to let me know I am the most amazing performer they seen in a while, I rock and many compliments. So if it is the opinions of people who see me play that they love the songs and performance then why is it so hard to9 get members and booked for shows.  ( Im not asking you but about to tell you) It is because Transsexuals are not taken seriously as equal citizens. 
  I have noticed I can find acceptance but people are reluctant to have close relationships. So I have to perform alone, go to the beach, movies, dinner by myself but get hugs when i show up where people are.

Currently i am healing from a bad fall in march in a nursing home and am thinking of only playing for myself as the work to get out is continuesly blocked by promoters who cannot take a trans girl seriously. 

Once again, I am respectful and this is punkrock and is what I play and I am not looking for comments about my experience or your opinion of what im doing wrong but share your experience of what you noticed. Its a lonely feeling and your experiences could help me not feel so alone. 

In last, I love you, I believe with universal love the entire banking control grid and government would have nothing to  do or say as with universal love humanity would run perfectly on its own .... Love Anela July!!!
I truely love you and wish you to feel it!
  •  

IdontEven

That was amazing. I'd totally play with you given the chance.

I'm afraid I can't add my own experiences to your thread, I'm working as hard as I can to get where you are.

I'm sorry things are so difficult for you, but your positivity in the face of adversity and the way you channel your hurt into your music is an inspiration to me. Thank you.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •  

Lady Smith

•  

Anela

Thanks!!  Yes , no matter what I had to do i did it! I have do to the whole band myself so i do. Sucks its so much harder as a TS performer but people drop jaws when i get out and i feel like i own the world onstage. Its a wonderful way to channel the negative things that happen in our live. ( "our" meaning all people)  I have wanted to be an insiration for others who doubt themselves and their abilities. A year before i wrote that song i could barrally play.....  I was shocked nobody had any stories to share but I hope I can raise the hope and inspire others to believe they have talents they have not tapped into. I believe we all have talents... Love you!!!!
I truely love you and wish you to feel it!
  •  

JenSquid

Nice guitar work! That you have to play everything else as well only makes it more impressive.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with promoters and recruiting band mates. That really sucks. I hope it gets better.
  •  

traci_k

Anela, I've got to remember to check out your video from home,(blocked through work) but breaking into the music business is difficult at best. I've known a couple cis-guys, traveled, played with bands, very talented but never made it big. Shoot, I'd love to play with you if I wasn't on the mainland, I'd much prefer to live in Hawaii. But keep the hope alive. Laura Jane Grace is becoming more recognized. I know of two trans-women who perform for fun as the"Trans-sisters." I believe someday soon being trans may be more of an asset than a hinderance.

Hope to see you posting more around here.

Hugs,

Traci
Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

genderlessjolyne

sorry, i know this topic is more or less dead and this is something of an obvious question, but have you considered looking for other trans performers specifically rather than just settling for cis people? its what i do, you don't have to go through that weird phase they stare at you from the corner of their eye, and its easier to get accepted as a group, anyway
  •  

Jacqueline

Welcome to the site.

I see you have hopped in and started interacting.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment to read the first several stickies:

Things that you should read

[/quote]

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Lily Rose

video has been removed? i see it was a long time ago, but i would like to see it if up somewhere.
"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

"You must unlearn what you have learned."
– Yoda

"The road to success is always under construction."
– Lily Tomlin

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
– Victor Hugo :icon_headfones:
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: Lily Rose on November 24, 2016, 10:24:35 PM
  video has been removed? i see it was a long time ago, but i would like to see it if up somewhere.

It was just the way it was posted. Now you can see it.
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Lily Rose

joanna thank you  :)

anela that is awsome thank you.

Quote from: Anela on June 10, 2015, 10:56:36 PM
It is because Transsexuals are not taken seriously as equal citizens. 

i believe there most definitely merit there, however i see stories from people all over this website and not all people are like that. i have turned my life to >-bleeped-< and then i read your threads and now feel like a >-bleeped-< (not very literate). you put on a awesome one transgender woman show. the woman i saw in that video is strong and brave.
"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

"You must unlearn what you have learned."
– Yoda

"The road to success is always under construction."
– Lily Tomlin

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
– Victor Hugo :icon_headfones:
  •  

Marlee

been a while, But I play bass ;D
well used to, got no equipment now.
  •