Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Binding, marching band, and strength training???

Started by linkthetwink, June 28, 2015, 12:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linkthetwink

Tomorrow I will officially start in marching band for the second year. Last year during camp I wore my crappy old binder and it was alright because it was adjustable. However, I ended up with some lovely bruised ribs. There was no point in me binding last year because no one thought I was even a boy, but it made me feel better because I didn't have boobs flopping around all the time. This year, I absolutely HAVE to do something about my chest. I was thinking of wearing two sleeveless compression shirts underneath my t shirt. Would that work okay? Has anyone tried that? Also, the majority of my free time is going to be taken up by band, and although it is good exercise in general, it will not make you "get ripped"
I've been working out a bit over the summer, and need to do it at least 3x a week to get any progress. I have severe dysphoria due to my lanky, feminine build. Does anyone know how I can fit all this into my time schedule? I feel completely swamped.
Not another queer kid. :eusa_shhh:
url=https://www.susans.org/forums][/url]
  •  

seanstartrunning

Hey there~ As someone who did marching band in high school, I would say that compression shirts would work well. You might get hot though, but if it helps you feel comfortable, it should be fine. Just make sure you stay hydrated and make sure you let your ribs off easy whenever you can. Binding while marching is definitely difficult, especially if you play a wind instrument, I would imagine. I marched bass and it took some time for me to get used to. Then I moved to front ensemble and well, I suppose that made it easy for me to breathe, ah-ha~

Anyways, I totally understand how time-consuming band can be, and yeah, unless you're in drum corps every day for the entire summer, you're not gonna get that ripped corps body. I think for you to get extra exercise in is just all about time management. When you have days off, I would say aim to make those your workout days. It can be a lot to manage at first, but once you get into the routine, it should be no problem.

What kind of exercises do you do for your strength training, by the way?
boop!
  •  

linkthetwink

I do a lot of bodyweight stuff because I can't afford the gym or any equipment. Thanks a lot for your reply by the way.
Not another queer kid. :eusa_shhh:
url=https://www.susans.org/forums][/url]
  •  

seanstartrunning

Bodyweight exercises are definitely good when you don't have equipment available. Also if you're trying to gain more muscle, make sure your diet is line with your exercise. And no problem~
boop!
  •